Author Topic: KBCO, 9/25/06: 1970  (Read 3392 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 9/25/06: 1970
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Tried again and went straight into a Rod Serling RadioShack ad--which I assume is part of the set, not a sponsor of the stream.

BOS Everybody I Love You, from Deja vu. This was the album to have when I was in sixth grade.

"No pass out sign on the door set me thinking..."

are waitresses paying the price of their winking?

That's "Country Girl", BTW.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 09:51:45 AM »
Just noticed this disclaimer at the bottom of their player page--so maybe we were just in the middle of 5 minutes of commercials:

Thank you for choosing to listen to 97.3 KBCO online! During the broadcast, you may notice periods of intermittent interruptions, or silence...this is normal. These periods of silence are covering local on-air commercials, which we are not allowed to broadcast over the internet. Please be assured that you have not lost the stream, as the broadcast should resume after the commercial set is over (commercial sets vary from two to five minutes long).
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 10:01:40 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Just noticed this disclaimer at the bottom of their player page--so maybe we were just in the middle of 5 minutes of commercials:

Thank you for choosing to listen to 97.3 KBCO online! During the broadcast, you may notice periods of intermittent interruptions, or silence...this is normal. These periods of silence are covering local on-air commercials, which we are not allowed to broadcast over the internet. Please be assured that you have not lost the stream, as the broadcast should resume after the commercial set is over (commercial sets vary from two to five minutes long).

Nah -- that disclaimer's been there forever, but I rarely get that much silence -- amd we definitely missed the Jimmy Cliff & McCartney tunes.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round