Author Topic: Back here.  (Read 6831 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Back here.
« on: February 14, 2005, 01:32:55 PM »
LA was fab. really. i had a good gig on thursday, met my future ex-wife, madeleine peyroux, on friday, danced to awesome soul music on saturday, and sat in with carlos guitarlos and marcy levy last night at the liquid kitty.

the d.i.y. music convention was very informative. i'm all amped about being an independent artist now. john waite is my new hero. he told lots of horror stories about the majors, then gave really useful advice about doing the biz without a record contract.

my favorite new place in l.a. is the abbey (sp?) in the afternoon. total harem lounge. and the best (only) honey cheesecake i've ever tasted. i wanted to see gregory harrison and patti labelle live in "chicago" at the pantages, but i couldn't manage to get up from the harem sofa.

and i met the most charming real estate agent-cum-paramedic on the plane this morning.  fine as all getout, intellecty, hilarious, and for the boys. happy valentine's day to me. it's ok...i have a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing that madeleine finished my cigarette. it's as if our lips have touched.

signed,
sleep-deprived delusional wannabe rockstar

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Back here.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 02:01:32 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i met the most charming real estate agent-cum-paramedic on the plane this morning.  fine as all getout, intellecty, hilarious, and for the boys.

"for the boys"... meaning? he/she was a gay guy? or a straight woman?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Back here.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 02:06:08 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i met the most charming real estate agent-cum-paramedic on the plane this morning.  fine as all getout, intellecty, hilarious, and for the boys.

"for the boys"... meaning? he/she was a gay guy? or a straight woman?

:) oh yeah. he's a gay man. he's going to mail me some cds, so i'll be sure to keep him around for awhile. ;)