Author Topic: 21 April 2006: it's... 1967!!!!  (Read 11902 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 21 April 2006: it's... Earth Day?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Checked my files on this too, and as luck would have it, 02 and 05 are the only two I have. '04 may be lost to the ages.

I just looked, and didn't realize that the old board doesn't seem to have any  posts past a year or so.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2006, 02:01:58 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Checked my files on this too, and as luck would have it, 02 and 05 are the only two I have. '04 may be lost to the ages.

I just looked, and didn't realize that the old board doesn't seem to have any posts past a year or so.

Yep, those went away when we stopped paying Discserver's maintenance fees. I know Rod asked to get the files of our "back pages" but they were unresponsive. Guess that was their trump card--if you want to maintain your archives, it'll cost you. Kind of a drag, but not worth what they were asking to keep it alive.

Which reminds me: Geoff, don't we owe you a few duckets apiece to keep this place afloat?
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2006, 10:56:25 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
I just looked, and didn't realize that the old board doesn't seem to have any posts past a year or so.
Yep, those went away when we stopped paying Discserver's maintenance fees. I know Rod asked to get the files of our "back pages" but they were unresponsive. Guess that was their trump card--if you want to maintain your archives, it'll cost you. Kind of a drag, but not worth what they were asking to keep it alive.

Which reminds me: Geoff, don't we owe you a few duckets apiece to keep this place afloat?

Let's try and remind me after June.  If I get heat from my ISP, I'll let you know sooner.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!