Author Topic: Macca and the Super Bowl  (Read 12003 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Macca and the Super Bowl
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2005, 08:46:33 AM »
i loved macca.
glad i missed not-so-ebony

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Macca and the Super Bowl
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 02:25:52 PM »
Gaz I meant to ask... where did you end up watching the game?  Did you get invited to Cyd Zeigler's SB Party?

And also, did you read that piece in the NY Times by a gay writer about football ("The Patriots made a man out of me")?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Macca and the Super Bowl
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 10:29:27 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Gaz I meant to ask... where did you end up watching the game?  Did you get invited to Cyd Zeigler's SB Party?

And also, did you read that piece in the NY Times by a gay writer about football ("The Patriots made a man out of me")?

I actually played flag football with Cyd Ziegler on Saturday.  But no, I didn't watch the SB with him.  I went to Splash in Chelsea, lured in by the prospects of 50-cent beers (the price, not the gangsta), free pizza, and go-go boys afterwards.

Unfortunately, I failed to recognize that the other patrons *would have no interest in the game*.  I was one of very few who was engrossed in the game itself.  Ran into about 7 people I play softball with/against.  One of them dragged over to me this guy he'd wanted to fix me up with for some time: he writes film reviews/previews for TV Guide, and my friend Peter figured, "you're a writer, he's a writer, you'll love each other" -- and then took off, leaving us to our own devices.  The guy kept trying to engage me in conversation about film while laughing that he didn't know anything about the game, and I was trying to ignore him and watch the game.  GAHH.  I should've gone to a straight bar.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Macca and the Super Bowl
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 10:30:54 PM »
P.S.  No, I didn't see the NYT piece.  Will search for it now, hoping it's still in the free archives.  Thanks for lookin' out real good, as Kanye West would say.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”