Author Topic: A Week of "classics"  (Read 2174 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
A Week of "classics"
« on: December 19, 2005, 07:52:27 AM »
Dave's not here, man.  Does this mean the 10@10 Xmas card will be a "classic" too?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gaz at da Voice

Re: A Week of "classics"
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 09:00:56 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Dave's not here, man.  Does this mean the 10@10 Xmas card will be a "classic" too?

You'd think he'd entertain the idea of entrusting someone to host the show in his absence, if only for an event like the Xmas card.  It's not like Dave's gonna start taking *fewer* vacation days as he gets older.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 09:37:49 AM »

Since he didn't solicit any xmas card greetings from the fogheads to create a new set, I suspect it's gonna be exactly that: a retread set from a past year. But since half the songs are the same from year to year anyway (Waitresses, Kinks, ELP, you know the drill), it probably won't make much difference.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
A Week of "classics"
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 09:48:55 AM »
Hey, if you're online now, "Christmas Wrapping" is on!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 09:59:43 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

Since he didn't solicit any xmas card greetings from the fogheads to create a new set, I suspect it's gonna be exactly that: a retread set from a past year. But since half the songs are the same from year to year anyway (Waitresses, Kinks, ELP, you know the drill), it probably won't make much difference.

But Ginger's doing a Xmas set Fri -- I'll be home and I'll try to remember to listen.  (The Drive will give us '82; I won't be up early enough for the Peak, tho' the odds are about even Rob'll do Xmas too.)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round