Author Topic: KBCO, 7/20/07: Space, the final (musical) frontier...  (Read 5088 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KBCO, 7/20/07: Space, the final (musical) frontier...
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 09:57:42 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "mshray"
BOS Simpsons.

Have you guys heard about the 7-11 Kwik-E Mart promotion?  I'm a block away from the one they did in Mtn View.

I'd love to know where the nearest one is to me.  Brilliant idea. Last nite they reran the ep where Marge tries to rehabilitate an ex-con (voiced by Michael Keaton).

Con: "I shot a guy named Apu".

Marge (sympathetically): "Welll... lots of people shoot Apu..."

I think the one in San Jose probably is the closest one to any of us. There are only 11 of them all across the country, and you gotta figure four of them are probably in LA.

Back on-topic: That was a pretty long set. It was after 9:50 when it finished, although I didn't catch the exact time.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 10:00:31 AM »
BOS Simpsons.

Have you guys heard about the 7-11 Kwik-E Mart promotion?  I'm a block away from the one they did in Mtn View.

I'd love to know where the nearest one is to me.  Brilliant idea. Last nite they reran the ep where Marge tries to rehabilitate an ex-con (voiced by Michael Keaton).

I think it's this one.  According to the poster at the store, they only did this in 12 stores worldwide.  

You don't suppose the fact that this is the nearest one to Google HQ had anything to do with it?  Nah, me neither.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »
BOS Simpsons.

I think it's this one.  According to the poster at the store, they only did this in 12 stores worldwide.  

You don't suppose the fact that this is the nearest one to Google HQ had anything to do with it?  Nah, me neither.

It is indeed the only one in the Bay Area -- while only 12 got the complete makeover, all 7-11s are selling select "Kwik-E-Mart" products.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 10:06:38 AM »
BOS Simpsons.

The Simpsons promo campaigns are unfortunately going too far in at least one respect: Time has agreed to do a "10 Questions" feature with Homer.  I'm personally uncomfortable with that blurring of journalism with cross-promotions, unavoidable though it may be in such a highly consolidated industry.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”