Author Topic: Wednesday July 20--it's 1971...woo hoo!!  (Read 9636 times)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Wednesday July 20--it's 1971...woo hoo!!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 10:40:07 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Quote from: "Gazoo"
BOS to "Family Affair."  So frightening, yet so irresistible; so genius, yet so sloppy.  An amazing track, if not the easiest listen.

gets my BOS, too, since I'd already heard Badfinger recently.

Gets another BOS from me as well, and one for Surf's Up, too.

Very nice set today, and on a Wednesday, too! This may mean we're going to 1984 on Friday.
Let's get right to it.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2005, 10:41:09 AM »
Snoop not making sense? that's a "chronic" problem with Mr Dogg, no?

I'm no stranger to the sweet leaf myself and I can make pancakes.

Mmm, I'm hungry.

Huh?

But, seriously- the intros like, "Hey, tell me that story I like"... blah.. blah.. and then the song. I'm, like, "Uh, what the fuck does this have to do with the song?". I don't even know what 'Riders on the Storm' is really about but I know that intro was half-assed.
nakes? On my plane?

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2005, 09:42:37 PM »
Wonderful set. Great surprise, I was expecting an 80's set. My BOS is Day After Day and didn't get to hear the Lee Michaels bonus track but I like it.
Enjoyed the ballgame today with fab weather. We lost but what the hell. Walked right past Noah Lowery in Momo's after the game, didn't recognize him but my girlfriend did and stopped to chat (I kept walking, Damn!). He acknowledged the talent of the Braves and Smoltz.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 07:05:14 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Wonderful set. Great surprise, I was expecting an 80's set. My BOS is Day After Day and didn't get to hear the Lee Michaels bonus track but I like it.
Enjoyed the ballgame today with fab weather. We lost but what the hell. Walked right past Noah Lowery in Momo's after the game, didn't recognize him but my girlfriend did and stopped to chat (I kept walking, Damn!). He acknowledged the talent of the Braves and Smoltz.

Do many of the Giants hang out at Momo's post-game?  I never got around to going there while living in the neighborhood.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 10:39:09 AM »

Do many of the Giants hang out at Momo's post-game?  I never got around to going there while living in the neighborhood.

I think they may. Keep in mind it was a day game and they have they day off today. Drinking was the ticket yesterday. :wink:
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 10:54:29 AM »

I think they may. Keep in mind it was a day game and they have they day off today. Drinking was the ticket yesterday. :wink:

Noah's a Good Christian Boy -- hope it was a lemonade in his hand :wink:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round