Author Topic: 1977 on Fri 3/18/05  (Read 11473 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
the list
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2005, 08:55:34 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
and just for Geoff:
Thanks Mark!  I've been here since the end of The Core.  I'm so groggy, I didn't even register what it was at the time, as the familiarity didn't wake me.  So-so set for me.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1977 on Fri 3/18/05
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2005, 08:57:10 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "RGMike"
nice lil' kim joke, bob!

LSHIPMP!  the only thing that ain't little is her boobs & her booty.

what did she do again? perjury? i just saw a headline on msn - i didn't bother reading it. is she a witness in the sammy sosa trial? :)

It's something like this: she denied, under oath, all knowledge of a shooting perpetrated by members of her posse at a club in 2001, but video surveillance not available at the original trial was later discovered showing her standing right next to the alleged shooters.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1977 on Fri 3/18/05
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2005, 09:00:30 AM »
nice lil' kim joke, bob!

what did she do again? perjury? i just saw a headline on msn - i didn't bother reading it. is she a witness in the sammy sosa trial? :)

It's something like this: she denied, under oath, all knowledge of a shooting perpetrated by members of her posse at a club in 2001, but video surveillance not available at the original trial was later discovered showing her standing right next to the alleged shooters.

To elaborate: the shooting was the result of a longstanding feud between Lil' Kim and equally-enhanced (and even less-talented) rapper Foxy Brown.  It took place outside the Hot 97 radio station on Hudson Street, the same place where 50 Cent's and The Game's cliques did their bit for white racists two weeks ago.   :roll:
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
1977 on Fri 3/18/05
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2005, 09:07:54 AM »

did you hear Renee's Rock 'n' Roll Thingy yesterday?  She had a bit on how Her Ethereal Highness is putting together a Vegas show for Caesar's, including the marketing hype quoting Stevie saying all the "one-of-a-kind" and "never-before-seen" BS.  Then Renee closed by saying, with more than a hint of irony in her voice:

"Caesar's is Elton John & Celine Dion's home away from home, too."

oh, as soon as i save up $1000 for concert tics, i'm so there.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1977 on Fri 3/18/05
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2005, 09:09:43 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
nice lil' kim joke, bob!

To elaborate: the shooting was the result of a longstanding feud between Lil' Kim and equally-enhanced (and even less-talented) rapper Foxy Brown.  It took place outside the Hot 97 radio station on Hudson Street, the same place where 50 Cent's and The Game's cliques did their bit for white racists two weeks ago.   :roll:

Even us white NON-racists think some of these folks are low-life idiots and/or sociopaths. :roll:  Sad that everyone gets tarred with the same brush, but -- even sadder -- that's hardly a new phenomenon.

Wait -- there's someone less talented than Li'l Kim?!?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
1977 on Fri 3/18/05
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2005, 09:10:50 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

that's nice. where's jesse jackson? say it loud: i'm black and i'm packing!

so i heard fifty pennies new album the other night. i don't know about the words, but the music isn't so bad. of course, it's produced by dr. dre and slim shady, so i would expect nothing less.

still - the shooting thing is so passe. would that fistfights return as the norm for turf wars. a bitch slap match between kim and foxy? that would sell more tickets than the thrilla in manila.