Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 142057 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »
Well, fer one thing that covers the double b-day on Sunday the 6th for me & TC.  

Let's make some plans!

...and of course you already know you get more than a couch at the Shrays'
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
the City by the Bay, the City that Rocks.

Gaz.

actually, we built this city on rock and roll.

I literally bought theater tix for Friday (3/4) less than an hour before you posted, but I'm free the rest of the week.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #407 on: February 17, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »
the City by the Bay, the City that Rocks.

Gaz.

actually, we built this city on rock and roll.

I literally bought theater tix for Friday (3/4) less than an hour before you posted, but I'm free the rest of the week.
don't know if I can make it to the east bay on a school night, but keep me in the loop.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
Hey gang,

I just got a fantastic deal from USAirways: only 20,000 dividend miles to book a trip to the City by the Bay, the City that Rocks.

So I jumped on it.

I'll be in SF March 3-9, and hope to spend time with all y'alls.  Maybe we can plan a joint bday dinner for Shray and Tinka Cat?  (March 6, for those scoring at home.)

Let me know what's happening in the city that week, and if anyone's got a spare couch for a day or two - thanks!  Lawd do I need this trip.

Cheers,
Gaz.
Sunday the 6th is the best day for me. If you are hanging other nights, I could find a way to get up to SF Saturday.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2011, 01:32:36 AM »
Might it be warm enough to spend that Sunday afternoon in GG Park?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:23 AM »

It's been HELLA cold the last couple weeks here (and you know I almost *never* say "hella").  Saturday was perhaps the coldest day I've seen in 20 years of living here. Of course that could change but don't count on it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 22, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »

It's been HELLA cold the last couple weeks here (and you know I almost *never* say "hella").  Saturday was perhaps the coldest day I've seen in 20 years of living here. Of course that could change but don't count on it.
30's this morning and high 40's now. Probably feels like a spring day for Gaz!
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 22, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »
What time do you arrive, Gaz, on the 3rd? That nite the Balboa Theater is having a special screening of a new docu about the making of S&G's Bridge Over Troubled Water LP; dinner at Shanghai Dumpling King before the movie would be an idea.  But if your flight is arriving late... never mind.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 22, 2011, 10:43:41 PM »
What time do you arrive, Gaz, on the 3rd? That nite the Balboa Theater is having a special screening of a new docu about the making of S&G's Bridge Over Troubled Water LP; dinner at Shanghai Dumpling King before the movie would be an idea.  But if your flight is arriving late... never mind.

Ooh, that could work: I arrive at the Oakland airport around 3:30pm.  Let's do it!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »

Ooh, that could work: I arrive at the Oakland airport around 3:30pm.  Let's do it!

Where are you staying that nite? Can you be at my place by 5:00? we'll drive out to the Balboa from there.  If you think that's do-able, I'll buy the tix today.  And anyone else who wants to join us, you can buy your ticket here:

https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/158334

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 24, 2011, 10:16:33 AM »

Where are you staying that nite? Can you be at my place by 5:00? we'll drive out to the Balboa from there.  If you think that's do-able, I'll buy the tix today.  And anyone else who wants to join us, you can buy your ticket here:

I should be able to make it by 5, flight timeliness permitting, so let's do it.  Don't know yet where I'm staying that night - still working out those logistics.  Thanks!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 24, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »

I should be able to make it by 5, flight timeliness permitting, so let's do it.  Don't know yet where I'm staying that night - still working out those logistics.  Thanks!

Kewl!  (do people still spell it that way?)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 25, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »
On the 6th I can & would like to do something mid-dayish, as my kid's season ending basketball banquet is at 5pm back here in Dublin.

Seems that Joe might be spending the previous night at my place anyway, so I could bring him back across the bay with me.

Any thoughts?  We could always do The Refuge again in Alicat's neighborhood.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 25, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »
On the 6th I can & would like to do something mid-dayish, as my kid's season ending basketball banquet is at 5pm back here in Dublin.

Seems that Joe might be spending the previous night at my place anyway, so I could bring him back across the bay with me.

Any thoughts?  We could always do The Refuge again in Alicat's neighborhood.
Or SF. Or, you could translate at a San Mateo dim sum place where thay only speak Chinese.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 25, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »

Let's go ahead and concretize this.  I'm looking forward to seeing Adrian's b-ball game on the 5th!

Given the time frame, a lunch gathering seems optimal, so that Mark's not pressed for time getting back to Dublin.  I'm fine with wherever the consensus guides us.