Author Topic: Monday, July 4: A Tribute to Brass  (Read 3032 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Monday, July 4: A Tribute to Brass
« on: July 04, 2005, 10:23:45 AM »
Guess I'm the only Clubber sitting at a computer today.  It's Dave's tribute to brass -- I think, actually, a rerun, as he talked about "ignore the lyrics, especially tune #1," which I distinctly remember him doing at least once before.

Sounding nice anyway.  Here's what we've had:

1. Chase, "Get It On"
2. Ides of March, "Vehicle"
3. Friends of Distinction, "Grazing in the Grass"
4. Hugh Masekela, "Grazing in the Grass"
5. Chicago, "Make Me Smile" (Dave played a version with an extended slowed-down vocal interlude in the middle that I'd never heard before)
6. BS&T, "Lucretia MacEvil" (the L-O-O-O-N-G version)
7. (oh damn, this just played and I'm spacing on it)
8. (?), "I Just Wanna Make Love to You" (I forget her name, but I know several of you dig her)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Monday, July 4: A Tribute to Brass
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 10:30:48 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Guess I'm the only Clubber sitting at a computer today.  

see duplicate thread... :wink:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Monday, July 4: A Tribute to Brass
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 10:41:41 AM »
BTW, Gaz, how was the softball tourney? Was that the one in Central Park? One of my RG friends was flying to NYC for that one.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Monday, July 4: A Tribute to Brass
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 11:00:50 AM »
8. (?), "I Just Wanna Make Love to You" (I forget her name, but I know several of you dig her)

The band was Cold Blood, the singer is Lydia Pense, and yes some of us dig them.  I am a huge fan of their bass player, Rod Ellicott.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Softball
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 01:39:03 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
BTW, Gaz, how was the softball tourney? Was that the one in Central Park? One of my RG friends was flying to NYC for that one.

A lot of fun, though I'm feeling the pain in many ways right now (sunburn and sore legs).  Indeed, this was in Central Park: the Playing For Life tournament (pflnyc.com; please forgive the shitty web design).  I played well: 7 for 12 with a triple, a walk, 5 runs scored, 5 RBIs, several putouts and assists from my perch in short center field (our left and center fields have good range, so I was able to cheat up the middle as 4th outfielder).  Spent a lot of time hanging out with members of the SF Menace team (we played them twice).  I'm trying to finish my Outsports coverage, will elaborate after I knock that off my to-do list.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Softball
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 08:14:32 PM »
Spent a lot of time hanging out with members of the SF Menace team (we played them twice).

I believe that's who my friend was playing with -- his name's Robert Landry and he's from Louisiana.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Softball
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 10:45:30 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

A lot of fun, though I'm feeling the pain in many ways right now (sunburn and sore legs).  Indeed, this was in Central Park: the Playing For Life tournament (pflnyc.com; please forgive the shitty web design).  I played well: 7 for 12 with a triple, a walk, 5 runs scored, 5 RBIs, several putouts and assists from my perch in short center field (our left and center fields have good range, so I was able to cheat up the middle as 4th outfielder).  Spent a lot of time hanging out with members of the SF Menace team (we played them twice).  I'm trying to finish my Outsports coverage, will elaborate after I knock that off my to-do list.

Nice stats, my man!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing