Author Topic: 1974 on Mon 5/9/05  (Read 6043 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Mon 5/9/05
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 08:37:08 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
VHM2: Get Christie Love! feat. the late great Theresa Graves. TRIO cable channel is showing Laugh-In all this month and I can't get them, dammit.

Oh, how I wish I could get a regular Laugh-In fix.  Might be my favorite show ever.

The only thing I remember from "Get Christie Love" was an opening scene from an episode: She was undercover as a prostitute, and a guy tried unsuccessfully to solicit her.  Angered, he called out, "Nigger!"  She turned and replied, "Nigger lover!"  I was astonished that this was actually said on TV.

Now what's this about her and Pam Grier?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Mon 5/9/05
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 08:43:21 AM »
I don't dislike Jackson Browne the way POC does, but it sure lowers the number of posts when he comes on.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Mon 5/9/05
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2005, 08:44:29 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
I don't dislike Jackson Browne the way POC does, but it sure lowers the number of posts when he comes on.

There's ear candy.  And then there's Jackson Browne, who can only be described as ear broccoli.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Mon 5/9/05
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2005, 08:49:25 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"
VHM2: Get Christie Love! feat. the late great Theresa Graves. TRIO cable channel is showing Laugh-In all this month and I can't get them, dammit.

Oh, how I wish I could get a regular Laugh-In fix.  Might be my favorite show ever.

The only thing I remember from "Get Christie Love" was an opening scene from an episode: She was undercover as a prostitute, and a guy tried unsuccessfully to solicit her.  Angered, he called out, "Nigger!"  She turned and replied, "Nigger lover!"  I was astonished that this was actually said on TV.

Now what's this about her and Pam Grier?

What I meant was, GCL was ABC's attempt to cash in on the popularity of female-headlined blaxploitation movies like Coffy and Cleopatra Jones.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round