Author Topic: The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread  (Read 230372 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread
« Reply #525 on: August 28, 2009, 11:19:46 PM »
"Pastor" Anderson is an inspiration to gun-toting right-wingers!  Sorry, Geoff et al, but these nuts have become the face of American Christianity.
I'm not quite sure why you'd think I'd have a problem with this.

My inartful wording - I mean "sorry" as in, I'm sorry that this is the state of things.  Christianity deserves better public representation.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 29, 2009, 11:13:17 AM »
"Pastor" Anderson is an inspiration to gun-toting right-wingers!  Sorry, Geoff et al, but these nuts have become the face of American Christianity.

My inartful wording - I mean "sorry" as in, I'm sorry that this is the state of things.  Christianity deserves better public representation.

As Max Von Sydow's character said in Hannah & Her Sisters: "If Jesus came back, and saw what's going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up."
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #527 on: August 29, 2009, 12:33:03 PM »

no problem; I don't really care that much how Christianity is viewed, and it is indeed in a sorry state!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 02, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »
Now THIS is scary: Curt Schilling is "considering" running for Ted Kennedy's senate seat.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 02, 2009, 09:24:55 PM »
Now THIS is scary: Curt Schilling is "considering" running for Ted Kennedy's senate seat.

First Jim Bunning, now this? Oy. When was the last time Massachusetts had a Republican senator?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 03, 2009, 07:43:14 AM »

First Jim Bunning, now this? Oy. When was the last time Massachusetts had a Republican senator?

as Rachel maddow said last nite: "the big righty is a BIG Righty"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 03, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »

as Rachel Maddow said last nite: "the big righty is a BIG Righty"

*UPDATE* - Maddow reports tonite that Schilling (a) told another interviewer that it was very iffy and a lot of things would have to "align themselves" for him to run, and (b) it turns out he's not a Repub -- he's a registered Independent, and it's too late (per Mass. law) for him to re-register with the GOP and run as a Repub for the Senate seat. But if he runs as an Independent, he'd potentially be only the 3rd "I" in the Senate, along with Joe "Droopy Dawg" Lieberman and ultra-lefty Bernie Sanders. Those'd be some interesting lunch meetings...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 03, 2009, 11:29:47 PM »

as Rachel Maddow said last nite: "the big righty is a BIG Righty"

*UPDATE* - Maddow reports tonite that Schilling (a) told another interviewer that it was very iffy and a lot of things would have to "align themselves" for him to run, and (b) it turns out he's not a Repub -- he's a registered Independent, and it's too late (per Mass. law) for him to re-register with the GOP and run as a Repub for the Senate seat. But if he runs as an Independent, he'd potentially be only the 3rd "I" in the Senate, along with Joe "Droopy Dawg" Lieberman and ultra-lefty Bernie Sanders. Those'd be some interesting lunch meetings...

Let the fucker do it.  Let him see on the damn trail what a horrid lot the GOP base has become.  (Why the moderate and intellectual wings of the Republican party aren't trying to reclaim its mantle from the torch-wielding flath-earthers is beyond me - unless there really aren't so many of them after all.)  Schill's one of those beautifully deluded guys who knows what he knows but does not know what he does not know.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 04, 2009, 07:30:24 AM »
Let the fucker do it.  Let him see on the damn trail what a horrid lot the GOP base has become.  (Why the moderate and intellectual wings of the Republican party aren't trying to reclaim its mantle from the torch-wielding flath-earthers is beyond me - unless there really aren't so many of them after all.)  Schill's one of those beautifully deluded guys who knows what he knows but does not know what he does not know.

which is precisely why he'd fit in quite well with that crowd -- he's a Fundie, after all -- and he and the nut-jobs will get along famously, methinks.

And no, there *is* no moderate wing of the GOP anymore.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 09, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »
Never talk dirty in front of a microphone -- ya never know if it's on!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/nov05election/detail?entry_id=47181
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:06:29 PM by RGMike »

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 09, 2009, 05:33:37 PM »

The whole article talks about the fact that the "comments were innappropriate"...but what about the ACTIONS that the comments referred to?  You mean it's okay to cheat on the woman with whom you are cheating on your wife, just don't COMMENT ON IT ??

WTF  ???
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 05:35:28 PM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

SFGuy

« Reply #536 on: September 10, 2009, 01:10:16 AM »

which is precisely why he'd fit in quite well with that crowd -- he's a Fundie, after all -- and he and the nut-jobs will get along famously, methinks.

No moderates left is the reason why I left the GOP and am "Declined to State" in CA. I wish we could register as an Independent in CA. I hate the Demos as much as I hate the GOP.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 10, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »

The whole article talks about the fact that the "comments were innappropriate"...but what about the ACTIONS that the comments referred to?  You mean it's okay to cheat on the woman with whom you are cheating on your wife, just don't COMMENT ON IT ??

WTF  ???

but the actual recorded comments were all they had to go in at first.  He wasn't caught in any acts -- except talking dirty.  Nevertheless, when there's smoke, there's fire.   But he did resign last night.   AP reports "The Assembly Ethics Committee is investigating Duvall's comments, in part to determine whether the affair might have influenced his votes."   

sad and stupid...
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 10, 2009, 09:17:27 AM »

No moderates left is the reason why I left the GOP and am "Declined to State" in CA. I wish we could register as an Independent in CA. I hate the Demos as much as I hate the GOP.

I'm curious, from a legal angle, if the "Decline to State" option, which in CA allows you to vote in either Dem or GOP primaries, is preferable to being a registered Independent, which might preclude that. Anybody know for sure?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 10, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »

I'm curious, from a legal angle, if the "Decline to State" option, which in CA allows you to vote in either Dem or GOP primaries, is preferable to being a registered Independent, which might preclude that. Anybody know for sure?

Pennsylvania, sadly, is absurdly prohibitive: if you're a Democrat, you can vote only in the Dem primary; if you're a Republican, you can vote only in the GOP primary; and if you're independent or third-party, you can't vote in the primary at all.  Quite un-democratic.