Author Topic: The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread  (Read 230381 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant & Vent about the Right Wing thread
« Reply #465 on: June 16, 2009, 10:33:32 AM »
Palin accepts Letterman's apology:

The Alaska governor, in a statement issued Tuesday, said the apology was accepted "on behalf of all young women, like my daughters, who hope men who `joke' about public displays of sexual exploitation of girls will soon evolve."

wait... Sarah Palin believes in EVOLUTION??

No one for a second thought Dave actually meant anything of the sort; this was just a chance for some bitter people to score some points against someone they don't like.  Which, to their "credit," they took full, full advantage of.

Further proof that today's Republican party is not capable of being FOR anything at all, only AGAINST things.

Since Dave felt the need to apologize, I think he felt he went over the line.  I'm no Palin fan, but whomever wrote the joke should have vetted which daughter was there.  it was sloppy..
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 24, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »
Now it can be told: the recently-missing Governor Sanford of SC wasn't on the Appalachian Trail after all. He was on the trail of some tail!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/06/22/national/a131625D73.DTL

ya can't make this stuff up! the family-values crowd are droppin' like flies! ROTFL!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 24, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
Now it can be told: the recently-missing Governor Sanford of SC wasn't on the Appalachian Trail after all. He was on the trail of some tail!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/06/22/national/a131625D73.DTL

ya can't make this stuff up! the family-values crowd are droppin' like flies! ROTFL!

seems like he prided himself on his fiscal conservatism --- too bad he wasn't more conservative in the "keep it in your pants" dept.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 24, 2009, 12:46:40 PM »

seems like he prided himself on his fiscal conservatism --- too bad he wasn't more conservative in the "keep it in your pants" dept.

he said he wanted to trim the budget, but he was really budgeting for some, er, trim.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 24, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2009, 08:25:17 AM »
I really think AL should do a Mark Sanford Set today. Lots of cheatin' songs, "Carolina in My Mind", and of course the Sanford-Townsend band.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2009, 08:50:35 AM »
I really think AL should do a Mark Sanford Set today. Lots of cheatin' songs, "Carolina in My Mind", and of course the Sanford-Townsend band.

Clips from Sanford and Son, and end the set with Don't Cry For Me, Argentina.  ;)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2009, 08:53:44 AM »

Clips from Sanford and Son

Be great if his mistress was named Elizabeth -- "I'm comin' Elizabeth!" would take on a whole new meaning.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 25, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »
This coulda gone in the Sports thread or the Obama thread, but here goes:

Sports Illustrated's weekly "Pop Culture Grid" feature is where they take 4 athletes and ask them the same 4 or 5 questions -- "My favorite chick flick is _____", etc.  One of this weeks questions was "I'm really sick of hearing about ________". One person said "Paris Hilton". But Braves pitcher James Parr said ... "Barack Obama".  When pressed, he followed up with "I'm not saying he's bad, but he's not the savior. With the economy, he acts like it's America's own fault we're in this."

Er, what? I'm speechless. This is middle america, folks. Be afraid.

ah, but this week in SI: equal time!  The question was (fill-in-the-blank), "_________  really needs to lose the attitude".  Marvin Williams of the Hawks and James Loney of the Dodgers answered "Dick Cheney" and "Bill O'Reilly", respectively.

revisiting this ballplayers-with-opinions post for the following:

I've been thinking lately that the Giants' Nate Schierholtz (sp?) is kinda hot, esp when he doesn't shave

but in this week's "Pop Culture Grid", one question was fill-in-the-blank: "______________ needs a hug". Nate's answer was... "George W Bush".

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2009, 01:21:50 PM »
but in this week's "Pop Culture Grid", one question was fill-in-the-blank: "______________ needs a hug". Nate's answer was... "George W Bush".

Well, saying he needs a hug isn't necessarily a vote for him ...  I think George and Dick and the whole sorry lot all need hugs.  And drugs.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »

Well, saying he needs a hug isn't necessarily a vote for him ...  I think George and Dick and the whole sorry lot all need hugs.  And drugs.

I'd rather they meet up with some thugs.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Health Care Debate (so-called)
« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
I got real angry last night watching the ABC town hall w/Obama.  They packed the house with people asking stupid questions.  Obama must've felt like cussing them out!  Questions about how "the American people don't want a bureaucrat between them and their doctor", but they already have one!  Fucking insurance bureaucrat!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Health Care Debate (so-called)
« Reply #477 on: June 25, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
I got real angry last night watching the ABC town hall w/Obama.  They packed the house with people asking stupid questions.  Obama must've felt like cussing them out!  Questions about how "the American people don't want a bureaucrat between them and their doctor", but they already have one!  Fucking insurance bureaucrat!

THANK YOU, Geoff.  You took the words out of my mouth.

Most Americans seem to want a single-payer option - except the lobbyists and the senators and the fucking AMA.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Health Care Debate (so-called)
« Reply #478 on: June 25, 2009, 11:32:31 PM »

THANK YOU, Geoff.  You took the words out of my mouth.

Most Americans seem to want a single-payer option - except the lobbyists and the senators and the fucking AMA.

My cousin Jerome (he of the Madonna incident, also a Radiologist if you didn't recall) visited us last week & he unreservedly condmened the AMA.  He quit in disgust last year & told us that less than 25% of MD's are members these days, and practically none under 40.  Says it is literally just another old boys club.  He totally supports a single payer system & is getting really impatient with Obama for accepting half-measures.  Among the many points he very cogently made is this:  Over 70% of all personal bankruptcies are caused by health care costs (subprime loans are not evne close), and 70% of those people HAD health insurance and STILL went bankrupt!  Truly frightening statistic.

Also, he finally had his (first) day in court, and the judge summarily dismissed the charges against him.  Next he plans to sue.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 30, 2009, 11:54:11 AM »
Minnesota Supes rule Franken the winner. OK, Norm, you can give up now.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/06/30/national/a111549D97.DTL