Author Topic: KBCO, 3/6/08: 1975  (Read 5668 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KBCO, 3/6/08: 1975
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »
BOS-whatever the Dan, "Chain Lightning".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 09:43:30 AM »
"We're standing just where he stood / Chain lightning, it feels so good."
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »
BOS-whatever the Dan, "Chain Lightning".

another one where I suggested a different song on the same album ("Everyone's Gone To The Movies").

But fantastic set, Thanks Ginger!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 09:47:33 AM »
Well, no shoutouts, but since she mentioned us a few days ago I can't imagine it would do to give too much attention to listeners who are 1,000-plus miles away. But safe to say, Ginger gave you a pretty nice birthday gift. Mark, if you call to thank her, give her our best.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »
Well, no shoutouts, but since she mentioned us a few days ago I can't imagine it would do to give too much attention to listeners who are 1,000-plus miles away. But safe to say, Ginger gave you a pretty nice birthday gift. Mark, if you call to thank her, give her our best.

Here's the email she sent me just after the set:

Mark:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!    Any special plans or will the big party be over the weekend?

Sorry I couldn’t give you a nice dose of Southern rock this morning.  In the early days of
KBCO we did play a lot more country-rock but albums from Marshall Tucker, The Outlaws,
and Charlie Daniels disappeared from the library a long time ago.   Of course we do
slip in PPL’s “Boulder Skies” every once in a while.

Great suggestions for a cheese medley!  I’ll try and put a new one together by the next time
we do 1975.

Thanks again. And Happy Birthday!

Ginger
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 11:37:30 AM »

Here's the email she sent me just after the set:

Mark:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!    Any special plans or will the big party be over the weekend?

Sorry I couldn’t give you a nice dose of Southern rock this morning.  In the early days of
KBCO we did play a lot more country-rock but albums from Marshall Tucker, The Outlaws,
and Charlie Daniels disappeared from the library a long time ago.   Of course we do
slip in PPL’s “Boulder Skies” every once in a while.

Great suggestions for a cheese medley!  I’ll try and put a new one together by the next time
we do 1975.

Thanks again. And Happy Birthday!

Ginger

She totally RAWKS!

I emailed to thank her for "one of the best '75 sets I've ever heard" but I won't see her reply until I get home tonite.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round