Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1104908 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #630 on: September 20, 2007, 08:22:34 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
This KFOG live remote at Village Music is a delight -- music geek heaven.  And the lady who did the Mill Valley song is coming up!

She's wonderful, telling the story behind the song -- Tommy Tutone was her teacher's aide in 1970!   God, I love this song.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #631 on: September 20, 2007, 08:35:51 AM »
This KFOG live remote at Village Music is a delight -- music geek heaven.  And the lady who did the Mill Valley song is coming up!

She's wonderful, telling the story behind the song -- Tommy Tutone was her teacher's aide in 1970!   God, I love this song.

and -- surprise! -- you can still buy the album. I'd've sworn it was long out-of-print, but it avail on the Varese Sarabande website for 10.98!

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=302%2D066%2D121%2D2

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #632 on: September 20, 2007, 08:45:46 AM »
OMG! The Left Banke, "I've Got Something on My Mind" -- a B-side.  Loverly!

ETA: the needle got stuck about a minute or so into the song!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #633 on: September 20, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »
Wow, the orig of "Hot Rod Lincoln"!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #634 on: September 20, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »

and -- surprise! -- you can still buy the album. I'd've sworn it was long out-of-print, but it avail on the Varese Sarabande website for 10.98!

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=302%2D066%2D121%2D2

God bless that label.  Sunshine (pop), thy name is Varese.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #635 on: September 21, 2007, 12:08:59 PM »
I've been concentrating pretty hard on work, but since 10 @ 10 ended, I don't remember a commercial or Annalisa -- just music and station breaks.  But maybe I'm not paying enough attention...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #636 on: September 21, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
Quote from: "Rod"
I've been concentrating pretty hard on work, but since 10 @ 10 ended, I don't remember a commercial or Annalisa -- just music and station breaks.  But maybe I'm not paying enough attention...

Well, here's Annalisa for Mid day mindgames, so maybe I'm just too into my work!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #637 on: October 03, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »
Anyone else get the "KFOG E-mail" today, with the link to the Foghead Music Panel?  10 songs clips to give your opinion on:

1. Glen Hansard/Marketa (sndtk of Once) - "Falling Slowly"
2. Spoon - "The Underdog"
3. Matt Nathanson - "Car Crash"
4. Wilco - "Walkin"
5. Robert Plant - "Gone Gone Gone"
6. Kooks - "She Moves in her Own Way"
7. Colbie Collet - "Bubbly"
8. Kaiser Chiefs - "Ruby"
9. Snow Patrol - "Shut Your Eyes"
10. Peter, Bjorn & John- "Young Folks"

Most of these are in pretty heavy rotation; but I've only heard the song from Once on KFOG... well... once. And a lovely tune it is, glad it's finally getting some radio exposure.  

But jeez, I've heard that Colbie Collet tune a dozen times and thought it was Feist. This whole Feist/Corrine Bailey Rae soundalike thing is outta control.

SFGuy

KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #638 on: October 03, 2007, 10:58:35 PM »
Anyone else get the "KFOG E-mail" today, with the link to the Foghead Music Panel?  10 songs clips to give your opinion on:

4. Wilco - "Walkin"

Most of these are in pretty heavy rotation; but I've only heard the song from Once on KFOG... well... once. And a lovely tune it is, glad it's finally getting some radio exposure.  

But jeez, I've heard that Colbie Collet tune a dozen times and thought it was Feist. This whole Feist/Corrine Bailey Rae soundalike thing is outta control.

I did. I hate the first one. I turned the radio on and that song was on. I thought I had the "Light Rock, Less Talk" station but realized I had KFOG on. The 1st song is really the only one listed I hated. A couple I didn't care for but I didn't mind the others.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #639 on: October 04, 2007, 07:01:52 AM »

I've never heard that but there was another new Kaiser Chiefs song, "The Angry Mob," that I liked a lot.  Did it get any spins?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #640 on: October 04, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

I've never heard that but there was another new Kaiser Chiefs song, "The Angry Mob," that I liked a lot.  Did it get any spins?

Wha???

"Ruby" got played to death out here on at least 4 stations, incl. KFOG, definitely second only to the Plain White Tees for the Summer Song of '07 race.

Conversely never heard "Angry Mob" that I'm aware of.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #641 on: October 04, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Wha???

"Ruby" got played to death out here on at least 4 stations, incl. KFOG, definitely second only to the Plain White Tees for the Summer Song of '07 race.

Conversely never heard "Angry Mob" that I'm aware of.

The CD is titled Yours Truly, Angry Mob so I guess that's the more-or-less title tune.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #642 on: October 04, 2007, 10:50:56 AM »

4. Wilco - "Walkin"

Sounds to me like they're trying to figure out which songs people are sick to death of, as most of them have indeed been in heavy rotation since summertime.

And I agree fully about that Colbie Caillat tune--a dead ringer for Norah Jones to my ears, but Feist, Corinne Bailey Rae, same difference. Pretty lightweight, too.

I think there are a couple in the list that haven't gotten into the playlist so much tho--I can't say I've heard the Plant or Wilco songs too often on KFOG, as well as the Hansard/Marketa tune.
Let's get right to it.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #643 on: October 04, 2007, 10:05:33 PM »
Hey all.  Stats geek here (interestingly, I hate math).  KFOG's "Now Playing" thingy has been broken since Oct 2, so my stats are a bit out of date:

First just the numbers:
> 1. Glen Hansard/Marketa (sndtk of Once) - "Falling Slowly"
First played 06/03/2007 - 42 times
> 2. Spoon - "The Underdog"
First played 05/21/2007 - 152 times
> 3. Matt Nathanson - "Car Crash"
First played 06/07/2007 - 156 times
> 4. Wilco - "Walkin"
First played 05/13/2007 - 107 times
> 5. Robert Plant - "Gone Gone Gone"
First played 08/22/2007 - 35 times
> 6. Kooks - "She Moves in her Own Way"
First played 06/19/2007 - 165 times
> 7. Colbie Collet - "Bubbly"
First played 05/23/2007 - 223 times (no *wonder* we're sick of it!)
> 8. Kaiser Chiefs - "Ruby"
First played 04/04/2007 - 318 times (and we *really* hate this one)
> 9. Snow Patrol - "Shut Your Eyes"
First played 04/03/2007 - 309 times
> 10. Peter, Bjorn & John- "Young Folks"
First played 03/01/2007 - 289 times

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #644 on: October 04, 2007, 10:56:37 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Hey Darryl,

If you have a chance, I'm wondering how much this Rock of Ages thing is resulting in significantly deeper albun track digging by the MD at KFOG.  This morning around 9, the 70's track was Little Feat "Oh! Atlanta!".  How often does that get played on KFOG otherwise?  Likewise Mamas & Papas "California Dreamin'" yesterday.

Anyone have any others?

I def have heard tracks that usually only pop up during, say, A-to-Z. Blind Faith's cover of "Well Alright" this morning, f'rinstance.

and right before 10@10 this morning Dave played Booker T's ""Green Onions".

Sorry to get to this so late.  But yeah, I heard "California Dreamin" too and totally thought it was out of place.

And yeah, there were certainly some other rarely heard tracks.  Which to me really makes that whole "Rock of Ages" thing especially lame, because they have to dig out songs they hardly ever play to make it work.

"California Dreamin'" was heard 03/23/2007 and 09/26/2006.  I don't have any record of it otherwise.

"Well, All Right" was heard 04/01/2007, 09/30/2006 and 09/27/2006 (probably during the last "Rock of Ages" promo).

"Green Onions"?  Never showed up outside of 10@10 (3/16/2007).

Speaking of green, CCR's "Green River", not heard since last September.  Two songs later, Alan Parsons Project "Games People Play", heard 5 times since June 2006.

Oh this is interesting:  James Taylor, "Fire and Rain" on 09/17/2007.  "Mexico" played on 05/05/2007 (hahah, Cinco de Mayo), a few spins in February, but then a whole lotta JT in December, when they played all of his Christmas hits.  Yeesh.

Well, anyways...