Author Topic: See "Love Letters" at the Off-Market FOR FREE!  (Read 3401 times)

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
See "Love Letters" at the Off-Market FOR FREE!
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
It just so happens that my roommate Diana is one of the producers of the latest production of the classic play "Love Letters", currently running at the Off-Market Theater...

http://www.cafearts.com/

She's offering FREE TICKETS to you all as of, like, right now. That's a $30 value, people!

Celebrities such as songwriter/musician Amelia Ray & bon vivant Barry 'Beej' Weir have been spotted in the audience of this first-class production. The show features drag illuminaries Donna Sachet & Pippi Lovestocking as well as Matt Weimer in the "pants" role...

(some of you may remember Matt as the evil bishop Ascelin in my play, "Demon Pope").

Anyhoo, if'n you want to see the show- zap me an email (BarryWeir2@aol.com) and let me know what day, etc.

It's a great show & a great cast.
nakes? On my plane?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: See "Love Letters" at the Off-Market FOR FREE!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »
Quote from: "Beej"
It just so happens that my roommate Diana is one of the producers of the latest production of the classic play "Love Letters", currently running at the Off-Market Theater...

She's offering FREE TICKETS to you all as of, like, right now. That's a $30 value, people!

Celebrities such as songwriter/musician Amelia Ray & bon vivant Barry 'Beej' Weir have been spotted in the audience of this first-class production. The show features drag illuminaries Donna Sachet & Pippi Lovestocking as well as Matt Weimer in the "pants" role...

(some of you may remember Matt as the evil bishop Ascelin in my play, "Demon Pope").

Anyhoo, if'n you want to see the show- zap me an email (BarryWeir2@aol.com) and let me know what day, etc.

"Donna Sachet" rings a bell.  I think she was trying for the Empress crown at the same time a guy I was in flirtations with was running for Emperor, in that big ceremony whose name I'm blanking on.  Unless I'm misremembering again.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: See "Love Letters" at the Off-Market FOR FREE!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »

d'oh - i meant to post about that here! i loved the play! quite funny and moving. i was trying to figure out why matt's face was so familiar - now i know. thanks, beej!

go see the play!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:02:56 AM »
saw it on B'way in the late '80s with Treat Williams and Kate Nelligan. It is a lovely piece, but I dunno about drag queens doing it.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »
Sorry it's taken so long to gets back to you guys! Busy Beej.

POC: Yay! I'm glad you liked it. Diana was thrilled to see you there. And thanks for the recommendation!

Gazoo: Yes, it's that Donna Sachet.

RGMike: I think I understand your concerns- but Donna (whom, I must admit, is the only one I've seen in the Melissa role thus far) totally kicks ass. She doesn't get all 'campy' or anything (that's not really Donna's style based on the few times I've seen her in action in other things).

As for Pippi- well, I haven't seen her yet so I don't know what to tell you. I think POC saw it on a 'Pippi Night', so maybe she could shed some light. Pippi will also be playing the 'guy' role at some point. I'm kinda interested in seeing how that goes.
nakes? On my plane?

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 09:34:44 AM »
Sorry it's taken so long to gets back to you guys! Busy Beej.

POC: Yay! I'm glad you liked it. Diana was thrilled to see you there. And thanks for the recommendation!

Gazoo: Yes, it's that Donna Sachet.

RGMike: I think I understand your concerns- but Donna (whom, I must admit, is the only one I've seen in the Melissa role thus far) totally kicks ass. She doesn't get all 'campy' or anything (that's not really Donna's style based on the few times I've seen her in action in other things).

As for Pippi- well, I haven't seen her yet so I don't know what to tell you. I think POC saw it on a 'Pippi Night', so maybe she could shed some light. Pippi will also be playing the 'guy' role at some point. I'm kinda interested in seeing how that goes.

pippi was great! excellent line delivery. not campy, at all. i'd be interested to see her in the guy role, also...