Author Topic: Local (and other) radio news  (Read 463039 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Local (and other) radio news
« Reply #975 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:18 AM »
Our own Tinka Cat was the first person to win tix (Joe Walsh) from Annalisa this morning. Congrats!

It's nice to hear AL's voice but the show's pretty bare-bones -- she needs a newsperson and some traffic reports, ASAP. And I dunno if I can handle Whitesnake at 6am.

Congrats Tinka!

Yeah, as much as I like AL, from what I'm hearing r/ KFOX, I'll stick w/ KFOG.

pretty psyched to win..!  I'm surprised I got through at all, but it was pretty early (for me, anyway).
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 25, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
Per a post on radio-info.com... Around 9:40 AM on Tuesday, Ronn Owens was talking about the Green Bay/Seattle game and a caller, in an attempt to show how bad the replacement refs are, said "it would be like someone buying a talk radio station and hiring a bunch of replacement hosts."   

LOL! Apparently Ronn didn't acknowledge the comment.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 26, 2012, 05:07:39 AM »
Per a post on radio-info.com... Around 9:40 AM on Tuesday, Ronn Owens was talking about the Green Bay/Seattle game and a caller, in an attempt to show how bad the replacement refs are, said "it would be like someone buying a talk radio station and hiring a bunch of replacement hosts."   

LOL! Apparently Ronn didn't acknowledge the comment.

That's pretty funny.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 29, 2012, 09:53:45 AM »
KPOO appears to be off-the-air since yesterday, tho' they are still streaming live.

and I mentioned this on FB, but amid speculation that The Bone might "go older" to pick up disaffected former KFOX listeners, yesterday I heard the Bone play Living Color, "Cult of Personality" which didn't use to be in their wheelhouse. They're also doing 10@10-ish flashback segments all weekend, mixing songs and news clips from specific years.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:03:39 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
September ratings are in:

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb009

KFOG pretty much holds steady. Ditto K-FOX, Live 105, Alice.  Slight uptick for The Bone.  KNBR, thanks to the Giants, is #1

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »
KPOO appears to be off-the-air since yesterday, tho' they are still streaming live.

KPOO appeared to be back on the air yesterday, so they were down for apx a week.  Their signal sounded strong last nite; dunno if the repairs had a side-effect of boosting their power but that would be nice if so.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 17, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »
flipped on K-FOX last nite around 9:30 and was surprised they were playing Tracy Chapman's "Give me One Reason". And I thought: well that's not very compatible with AC/DC and the Scorpions.  And sure enuf we then got the trainwreck segue of the week... Tracy Chapman --> Billy Squier's "The Stroke". Egads.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #982 on: October 17, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
flipped on K-FOX last nite around 9:30 and was surprised they were playing Tracy Chapman's "Give me One Reason". And I thought: well that's not very compatible with AC/DC and the Scorpions.  And sure enuf we then got the trainwreck segue of the week... Tracy Chapman --> Billy Squier's "The Stroke". Egads.
Exactly the problem.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 18, 2012, 02:07:23 PM »
Rather odd message on the home page for Dave Morey's WTF Radio...

WTF OFF AIR FOR HALLOWEEN DECORATING 10/10-10/17.

Be listening for details regarding our new share-time agreement with
WDOA - "The Absolute FINAL word in Soul and Blues."

There doesn't appear to be an actual radio station with the WDOA calls so I'm guessing this is another Morey side project? Stay tuned...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 30, 2012, 08:17:41 AM »
Nice tidbit from Rich Lieberman, re: the Giants Series victory..

In the 10th inning of the the Giants clinching World Series game against Detroit, Miller was offered a broadcast treasure, history really, and in a class move to Dave Flemming, turned it down.

To wit: Duane Kuiper said that because the game went into ten innings, it was Dave Flemming's turn at the mic...but when the bottom of the 10th came...Dave asked Jon Miller if he would like to take over, and have the chance to call the possible last out of the Series. "Out of respect," Duane said.

Jon declined...saying "it's your time, kid" and Dave called the final out.

Class act, Mr Miller. Kudos.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:19:19 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 30, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »
October (actually more like mid-Sept thru mid-Oct) ratings are out:

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb009

KFOG drops back a bit (from 2.8 to 2.5); KFOX, Live 105 both down slightly; the Bone up slightly.  KNBR was #1 (no surprise considering the Giants playoff run).

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 30, 2012, 10:37:33 PM »

In the 10th inning of the the Giants clinching World Series game against Detroit, Miller was offered a broadcast treasure, history really, and in a class move to Dave Flemming, turned it down.

To wit: Duane Kuiper said that because the game went into ten innings, it was Dave Flemming's turn at the mic...but when the bottom of the 10th came...Dave asked Jon Miller if he would like to take over, and have the chance to call the possible last out of the Series. "Out of respect," Duane said.

I didn't buy the last one, but if they do a DVD again with the Giants announcers audio, I think I'll get it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 31, 2012, 05:13:24 AM »

I didn't buy the last one, but if they do a DVD again with the Giants announcers audio, I think I'll get it.

ditto

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 31, 2012, 11:28:27 AM »

The 2010 edition has the Giants announcers on an alternate audio track.  I've got it and have never listened to the primary channel with Buck and McDipshit. So I'd assume there will be one again this year, with the same feature.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 31, 2012, 07:42:07 PM »

The 2010 edition has the Giants announcers on an alternate audio track.  I've got it and have never listened to the primary channel with Buck and McDipshit. So I'd assume there will be one again this year, with the same feature.
It's already available for pre-order, for release on my birthday, but not many details yet:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008TYGDIW/gdforumcom-20