Author Topic: The Next Club Get-Together  (Read 141476 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2006, 04:03:45 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Tuesday, Amoeba and lunch? 11-11:30? They gonna be open?

Indeed, they're open.  (Closed Christmas day.)  I'll be in the nabe around 11.  Up for lunch afterwards, and, for the more daring, rum punch at Hobson's Choice.  That evening I'm going to JC Superstar.

Merry Happy and Happy Merry!
Gaz
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Indeed, they're open.  (Closed Christmas day.)  I'll be in the nabe around 11.  Up for lunch afterwards, and, for the more daring, rum punch at Hobson's Choice.  That evening I'm going to JC Superstar.

Gaz

Cool. I'll probably head over after 10@10 is done. I'm def. down for cd shopping and food, and am not committing one way or the other to the possibility of bevvies.

Rod, take a long lunch and come out & meet us!
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Gaz

Cool. I'll probably head over after 10@10 is done. I'm def. down for cd shopping and food, and am not committing one way or the other to the possibility of bevvies.

Rod, take a long lunch and come out & meet us!

That's very far from downtown, no?  Seems unlikely...  :cry:
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Club Get-Together
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
Moving this thread back to the top.

So, here's the scoop.  Gaz & Urth will both be in town on and around the first weekend in Dec (the 5th being a Friday). Alicat has already emailed Dave about our group taking him up on the possibility of buying him a drink.  I didn't already know that this morning when Wayback & I trekked up to Walnut Creek to meet Dave at his Peet's LFTA appearance, but when I asked him the same question he said, "I got an email from Alicat about that," and after I asked what the chances were, he said it was still too soon to say.

To the extent that I am any judge of Dave's body language I would say that he actually *is* thinking about it, but really hasn't decided.  Nor was this something he could really discuss when there was a line behind me out the door and halfway around the corner.

Whether or not we can corral Dave, we should figure out someway/where/when to hook up.  My house is available, as long as you don't mind the voyage out almost to Livermore.

Thoughts?  Ideas?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »

So, here's the scoop.  Gaz & Urth will both be in town on and around the first weekend in Dec (the 5th being a Friday). Alicat has already emailed Dave about our group taking him up on the possibility of buying him a drink.  I didn't already know that this morning when Wayback & I trekked up to Walnut Creek to meet Dave at his Peet's LFTA appearance, but when I asked him the same question he said, "I got an email from Alicat about that," and after I asked what the chances were, he said it was still too soon to say.

To the extent that I am any judge of Dave's body language I would say that he actually *is* thinking about it, but really hasn't decided.  Nor was this something he could really discuss when there was a line behind me out the door and halfway around the corner.

Whether or not we can corral Dave, we should figure out someway/where/when to hook up.  My house is available, as long as you don't mind the voyage out almost to Livermore.

Thoughts?  Ideas?
unfortunately I will be out of town first weekend of December, but go for it if that's what you need to do!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »

Thoughts?  Ideas?
unfortunately I will be out of town first weekend of December, but go for it if that's what you need to do!

i'll be in amsterdam on my way to iceland, but i will be there in spirit, and will drink a toast to you all at the appropriate club meeting time.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »
I can also host any day but on Sat Dec 6 have a 7pm Sharks game so Saturday after 5pm not good. I'm relatively close to 101 and 280 by Ralston Ave, Belmont.

If Dave can join and wants to stay in Marin, Corte Madera or Mill Valley could be options. He would know the best places.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:31:10 PM by Alicat »
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 02, 2008, 12:32:48 AM »
I can also host any day but on Sat Dec 6 have a 7pm Sharks game so Saturday after 5pm not good. I'm relatively close to 101 and 280 by Ralston Ave, Belmont.

If Dave can join and wants to stay in Marin, Corte Madera or Mill Valley could be options. He would know the best places.

North Bay is good for me as well, as we'll be staying at my mother-in-law's in San Rafael (but trust me, you don't want to meet at her place).  I'll see if I can think of someplace around that area. Maybe Marin Brewing in Larkspur? It's right off the freeway. Or there's another brewpub up in Novato, called Moylan's I think. Or maybe the celebrated 2am Club in Mill Valley, where the cover to Huey Lewis & the News' immortal Sports album was shot.

Btw, I'm also open to someplace in the city. 

ETA: Geoff, I'm bummed you've got commitments elsewhere. Wish there was some way we could get you there too!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:48:10 AM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »
Geoff, I'm bummed you've got commitments elsewhere. Wish there was some way we could get you there too!
is it confirmed for that weekend?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »
Geoff, I'm bummed you've got commitments elsewhere. Wish there was some way we could get you there too!

I don't think the gathering is confirmed, but my and Gaz's visits to SF are.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »
I'll be gone from Friday midday (12/5) to Sunday afternoon (12/7).  Am I totally missing your windows?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 03, 2008, 10:11:09 AM »
I'll be gone from Friday midday (12/5) to Sunday afternoon (12/7).  Am I totally missing your windows?

Nope; I'm in town from the evening of the 4th through the evening of the 9th.  Nothing has been planned yet.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2008, 10:30:40 AM »

Nope; I'm in town from the evening of the 4th through the evening of the 9th.  Nothing has been planned yet.

And I arrive midday on the 4th, head home the afternoon of the 9th. I have one tentative commitment the evening of the 7th in SF, with more to come I'm sure.
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2008, 10:58:47 AM »
BTW, count me in for whatever is decided for an early December get-together....
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
Like Alicat I've a commitment for Sat nite (Dec 6 -- theater, not hockey) but am avail the rest of the time afaik.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:36:43 PM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round