Author Topic: 17 June 2009 - its 1969!  (Read 12130 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 17 June 2009 - its 1969!
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
Dang it.  I was in Sacramento yesterday & missed this.  Have to catch the Saturday replay I guess.

Regarding draft numbers, I once heard a pastor friend of my dad's talk about being in a HS assembly when the draft numbers for his year were announced, and in the audience was a guy with the #1 date & one with with the #365.  His was #69, so a week later he went ahead and enlisted so he could try to become a chaplain instead of infantry.  And he did.

P.S. went to Sacto to pick my cousin Jerome (he of the Madonna concert incident) up at the airport.  He's going to a wedding in Tahoe over the weekend, so I contrived to spend the day with him before he went up to South Lake.  He told me that he finally gets to go to court next Tuesday to fight the trespassing charges against him, and it turns out that when his lawyer first began discussing the case with her paralegal, the paralegal said, "Wait a minute.  I was there.  I sat directly behind that guy & saw the whole thing!"  She'd never met Jerome, but remembers talking to his boyfriend earlier in the show when he turned around to ask her if it was okay that he set somehting down behind his seat.  So she's going to testify on Jerome's behalf.  How's that for serendipity?

And as soon as that's cleared up he intends to sue.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010