Author Topic: The 10@10 Canon, a/k/a Fall Syllabus  (Read 2195 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The 10@10 Canon, a/k/a Fall Syllabus
« on: August 28, 2006, 10:08:33 PM »
So Mike's recommended a few things for me to seek out:

John Sebastian, 1970 solo album
Rupert Holmes, 1974-1976 solo material

Therefore, I've created a thread for people to make pointed and specific recommendations to pointed and specific Clubbers.

Red Rover, Red Rover, I call ALICAT over: Get thyself any Basement Jaxx you can get your hands on.  Contemporary retro disco with a techno producer's touch.  I'm getting into them again thanks to their new single, "Hush Boy."  And the kiddies'll be impressed when you name-drop 'em.   :D
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: The 10@10 Canon, a/k/a Fall Syllabus
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:26:03 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
So Mike's recommended a few things for me to seek out:

John Sebastian, 1970 solo album
Rupert Holmes, 1974-1976 solo material

Therefore, I've created a thread for people to make pointed and specific recommendations to pointed and specific Clubbers.

Red Rover, Red Rover, I call ALICAT over: Get thyself any Basement Jaxx you can get your hands on.  Contemporary retro disco with a techno producer's touch.  I'm getting into them again thanks to their new single, "Hush Boy."  And the kiddies'll be impressed when you name-drop 'em.   :D

Thanks. I checked them out via iTunes. Lotsa material there. I listened to a half dozen snips. Too contemporary for me. some techno is cool but I crave guitar and drums.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The 10@10 Canon, a/k/a Fall Syllabus
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »
Attention all you ProgHeads: I've long meant to mention this band... Renaissance. They were quite popular on NYC prog FM in the mid-'70s with albums like Turn of the Card and Ashes are Burning. Chick lead-singer named Annie Haslam, iirc.  I should bring their stuff to the next gathering. Kinda Fairport Convention-meets-Al Stewart.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round