Author Topic: RIP Eric (My Friend)  (Read 2144 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
RIP Eric (My Friend)
« on: August 30, 2010, 09:17:46 AM »
Got news yesterday that an old friend killed himself Saturday night.  Trying to deal with several conflicting emotions.  He was in a good deal of financial difficulty, was supposed to pack up and "walk away" from his house in Arizona on Sunday, and move back to the Bay Area to live with his sister.  Guess he couldn't deal with all of that.  Really great guy, full of life and laughter.  I don't get it.  RIP, my friend.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Eric (My Friend)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:26:07 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, Rod.  There are no words.  RIP, indeed.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:30:49 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, Rod.  There are no words.  RIP, indeed.

indeed, what can one say? Condolences, hope you're dealing with it as best as you can.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:46:34 AM »
very sorry, Rod. 
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 12:30:23 PM »
Got news yesterday that an old friend killed himself Saturday night.  Trying to deal with several conflicting emotions.  He was in a good deal of financial difficulty, was supposed to pack up and "walk away" from his house in Arizona on Sunday, and move back to the Bay Area to live with his sister.  Guess he couldn't deal with all of that.  Really great guy, full of life and laughter.  I don't get it.  RIP, my friend.
One tries to make sense out of these things, but it's pretty hard to do. Take care of yourself and any other of Eric's friends.  Have a wake.

Peace,
Geoff
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »
One tries to make sense out of these things, but it's pretty hard to do. Take care of yourself and any other of Eric's friends.  Have a wake.

Peace,
Geoff

have a wake... I love this.   It's true and good advice:  celebrate his life and everything he gave you and others.  Maybe have it soon, maybe later after time has passed and that first devastating wave of grieving has gone.  Nothing will take away the horrible emptiness and pain that accompanies his death, it's there and real and trying to deny it won't work, but you can mix some laughter (with those tears) in due time. 

~CPL593H~

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
Amen to everything that's been said. And until that wake happens, do keep in close touch with your friends, both those that knew him, and those that didn't (like us). I'll hold you in my thoughts. Peace.
jh
Let's get right to it.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »
Just wanted to add to the already thoughtful condolences.  Know that initial grief will be replaced by warm memories of your friendship.