Main Discussion Area > Stream of Consciousness

KFOG, But Not 10@10

(1/754) > >>

Gazoo:
At about 2:05 EST they played a retro song called "Dance Me to the End of Love."  The singer sounded like she took all her cues from Billie Holiday.  And I'm afraid I don't mean that as a compliment.  Anyone know who it was?

P.S.  Segueing from that to TFF's "Shout" is not good for the ears.

Lightnin' Rod:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---At about 2:05 EST they played a retro song called "Dance Me to the End of Love."  The singer sounded like she took all her cues from Billie Holiday.  And I'm afraid I don't mean that as a compliment.  Anyone know who it was?

P.S.  Segueing from that to TFF's "Shout" is not good for the ears.
--- End quote ---

Madeleine Peyroux.  Played alot over the last few months.  I like it.

Beej:

--- Quote ---At about 2:05 EST they played a retro song called "Dance Me to the End of Love." The singer sounded like she took all her cues from Billie Holiday. And I'm afraid I don't mean that as a compliment. Anyone know who it was?
--- End quote ---

OO! OO! I know this!

"Who is Madeline Peyroux?"

And yeah- I'd have to agree with yer assessment. I'd be interesting in hearing more from her to see if all her stuff's like that.

You know who I think might be a tige overrated already? That woman whose gonna sing at KABOOM (Kathleen Edwards?).

I'm sick of that "Bad News" song already, man. And that one other one where she's tellin some guy she's "got ways to make you coooooome back to me?" Sick of that, too.

Beej:
D'oh! Rod answered the question while I was busy ranting. Well, that'll learn me.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: "Gazoo" ---At about 2:05 EST they played a retro song called "Dance Me to the End of Love."  The singer sounded like she took all her cues from Billie Holiday.  And I'm afraid I don't mean that as a compliment.  Anyone know who it was?
--- End quote ---

I thought you were joking at first -- we've discussed this song more than a few times, methinks, as poc gave us many details of her meet-up with Ms Peyroux recently. I can't believe that's the first time you've heard it.

BTW, Dean on CG was discussing the # single in the UK, "I'm Mr Lonely" by Akon, which was "inspired" by Bobby Vinton's "Mr Lonely from 40 years ago. Great snarky comments here:

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/view.php?id=3791

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version