Author Topic: The Peak, 1/18/08: 1973  (Read 1584 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Peak, 1/18/08: 1973
« on: January 18, 2008, 07:48:08 AM »
Mott The Hoople All The Way From Memphis
Renaissance Carpet of the Sun
Doobie Brothers Long Train Runnin'
Isley Brothers That Lady (Part 1)
Elton John Bennie And The Jets
Neil Young Don't Be Denied
Marvin Gaye Let's Get it On
McCartney/Wings Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
Eagles Desperado
Who I've Had Enough

Wow -- wish I coulda heard that Renaissance track -- haven't heard it since the '70s.  They were HUGE on NYC prog FM radio and are all-but forgotten now.

Sadly, no matter how many times I've installed that Jetcast plug-in, I still get nothing, so it looks like my days of hearing The Peak are over.  :(  :(  :(
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Peak, 1/18/08: 1973
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »
Sadly, no matter how many times I've installed that Jetcast plug-in, I still get nothing, so it looks like my days of hearing The Peak are over.  :(  :(  :(

I'm experiencing the same thing.  Wonder who the best person to contact at the Peak is.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:49:44 AM »

I'm experiencing the same thing.  Wonder who the best person to contact at the Peak is.

Per the FAQ on the new player:

Still Won't Stream - I have installed the player and have the minimum reqs

If you have successfully installed the Jetcast Player, have IE 6 or greater and have WMP 9 or greater, then there a few things to consider.

* Remove the cookies on your computer.
* Update your WMP to the latest.
* Update your IE to the lastest.
* Turn off any highly restrictive applications like Norton and other utilities.

If you still have problems, we want to know about it. Please e-mail contact@jetcast.com and provide us details such as (1) connection type, (2) browser type and version, (3) WMP version, and (4) messages you have received

Since I'm at work I'm not in a position to do any of those suggestions...

Well, no Bob (holiday) and no Ginger (A-to-Z) so I'm gonna listen to the CG retro-chart from this weekend -- March 1974.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:04:19 AM »

If you have successfully installed the Jetcast Player, have IE 6 or greater and have WMP 9 or greater, then there a few things to consider.

If you still have problems, we want to know about it. Please e-mail contact@jetcast.com and provide us details such as (1) connection type, (2) browser type and version, (3) WMP version, and (4) messages you have received

Well, no Bob (holiday) and no Ginger (A-to-Z) so I'm gonna listen to the CG retro-chart from this weekend -- March 1974.

Bob's doing an MLK set today, actually.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 08:07:32 AM »

Bob's doing an MLK set today, actually.

Well, fuck -- he said quite specifically Friday that he'd be off today.