Author Topic: KBCO, 10/10/05: 1978  (Read 2060 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 10/10/05: 1978
« on: October 10, 2005, 09:07:27 AM »
I hear the voice of Van Morrison calling on my "Wavelength"...

BOS Nick Lowe, "I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass", which Dave doesn't hardly ever play.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KBCO, 10/10/05: 1978
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 09:13:58 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
I hear the voice of Van Morrison calling on my "Wavelength"...

BOS Nick Lowe, "I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass", which Dave doesn't hardly ever play.

Does anyone else have problems with getting KBCO to play nicely with the Mozilla Firefox browser?  Or is this another case of my computer being too antiquated to deal with anything?  (My listening problems last week were born of my installation of a new printer, which somehow impacted many elements of my computer; for instance, I now get an error in a program called "Win95 RPC Wmsg" every time I shut down.  Damn, I hate being too broke to get a decent computer.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 09:16:16 AM »
nice off-the-beaten path T Heads song I don't even know the name of.

ETA: it was "Artists Only".  The guy subbing for Ginger identified the Nick Lowe LP by its British name, Jesus of Cool.

Followed by the inevitable Cars.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KBCO, 10/10/05: 1978
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 09:26:41 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Does anyone else have problems with getting KBCO to play nicely with the Mozilla Firefox browser?  Or is this another case of my computer being too antiquated to deal with anything?

No and yes. :wink:

And you thought NYC was bad: It's snowing in Denver, enough to cause traffic problems.

BOS2: Cheap Trick, "Surrender" one of the great power-pop singles of all time IMHO.  "Now I had thought the WACs recruited old maids for the war". Er, actually... they did.

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:29:40 AM »
The guy subbing for Ginger identified the Nick Lowe LP by its British name, Jesus of Cool.

That would be Alec.  I thanked Ginger via email for that awesome 1971 set on Friday (especially after no 10@10's Mon-Thurs) & she emailed back:

Mark:

Thanks!  It feels great to get to back in the ole 10 at 10 Time Machine again. Alec will be at the helm next week as I'll be on vacation.  La Jolla here I come!

Ginger
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 09:42:18 AM »
BOS #3, Joe Walsh "Indian Summer".
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 09:43:01 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
The guy subbing for Ginger identified the Nick Lowe LP by its British name, Jesus of Cool.

That would be Alec.  I thanked Ginger via email for that awesome 1971 set on Friday (especially after no 10@10's Mon-Thurs) & she emailed back:

Mark:

Thanks!  It feels great to get to back in the ole 10 at 10 Time Machine again. Alec will be at the helm next week as I'll be on vacation.  La Jolla here I come!

Ginger

bet she's VERY happy to be in La Jolla today, given Denver's first snowfall of the season.