Author Topic: KBCO, 1/31/07: 1990  (Read 2836 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 1/31/07: 1990
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:20 AM »
"It's NOT a too-mah!"

Ah-nuld's my only BOS so far. Sad, but true.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »
Crapton's had enough Bad Love. I've had enough Bad Crapton.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 09:15:01 AM »
BOS2 Lightning Seeds! "Pure", what a wonderful single.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:19:40 AM »
Lowen & Navarro, "Walking on a Wire" -- ?? -- new to me, but sounding very much like 1990, alt-rock-wise.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »
Hey, Mike, I think you need to redo the subject line. We currently have two for today labelled "The Peak."

I know, you were all excited about the A's-Yanks tix and all...

ETA: Much better. Molto grazie.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Hey, Mike, I think you need to redo the subject line. We currently have two for today labelled "The Peak."

I know, you were all excited about the A's-Yanks tix and all...

Oopsies -- thanks, done. I was more excited about The Peak's 1969 set, actually :wink:   But as I never set foot in Yankee Stadium in 35 years of living in NY, that's gonna be pretty exciting too.

Apparently they announced today that the 2008 All-Star Game will be in da Bronx -- a farewell gesture to the "old" Yankee Stadium, I guess.

BOS3 World Party puttin' in the, er, box again.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »
Nothing new, since it pops up in every other '90 set DM does, but BOS to World Party nonetheless, Putting The Message In the Box.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 09:33:29 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Oopsies -- thanks, done. I was more excited about The Peak's 1969 set, actually :wink:   But as I never set foot in Yankee Stadium in 35 years of living in NY, that's gonna be pretty exciting too.

Apparently they announced today that the 2008 All-Star Game will be in da Bronx -- a farewell gesture to the "old" Yankee Stadium, I guess.

BOS3 World Party puttin' in the, er, box again.

Never in 35 years? Well, then it's good you're rectifying that while you still can. And I'm sure you know that if you're sportin' A's gear, you may catch a bit of flak from the hometown fans. But gotta represent... Hope the A's kick their collective asses.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »
I'm sure you know that if you're sportin' A's gear, you may catch a bit of flak from the hometown fans. But gotta represent... Hope the A's kick their collective asses.

Gaz will protect me!

It will be interesting to compare the Mets fans and the Yanks fanatics. (I've been to Shea, but not since 1970). It took about 12 minutes of being in an internet queue before I finally connected to a pair of upper-level tix .  I'm used to getting right thru to behind-home-plate field-level tix at the Coliseum.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:35 AM »
This Vaughan Bros "Tick Tock" song reminds me a bit of Grayson Hugh's "Talk it Over", which someone needs to play in an '89 set one of these days.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »
I'm sure you know that if you're sportin' A's gear, you may catch a bit of flak from the hometown fans. But gotta represent... Hope the A's kick their collective asses.

Gaz will protect me!

It will be interesting to compare the Mets fans and the Yanks fanatics. (I've been to Shea, but not since 1970). It took about 12 minutes of being in an internet queue before I finally connected to a pair of upper-level tix .  I'm used to getting right thru to behind-home-plate field-level tix at the Coliseum.

It's another world back there, I'm sure. (And you probably paid at least double for the Yanks tix that you would have for equivalent A's seats.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 09:57:05 AM »

Gaz will protect me!

It's another world back there, I'm sure. (And you probably paid at least double for the Yanks tix that you would have for equivalent A's seats.)

Indeed -- 40 simoleans per ticket (plus TicketBastard).  When the upper deck was still open at the Coliseum, those tix were, what? 10 or 12 bucks?
(the equiv Mets tix were $20 per).

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 10:01:33 AM »

Gaz will protect me!

Indeed -- 40 simoleans per ticket (plus TicketBastard).  When the upper deck was still open at the Coliseum, those tix were, what? 10 or 12 bucks?
(the equiv Mets tix were $20 per).

Yeesh--you can get decent seats in the first level at Mays Field for that money. But that's the Yankees. And it's not just them--I remember being appalled at what the Red Sox were getting for bleacher tix when I went to a game back there in 01--I want to say it was around $25 or more. It was worth it, but if I were living there and going to a lot of games...well, I'd be going to fewer games.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 08:51:43 AM »
John Hiatt/Child of the Wild Blue Yonder
Depeche Mode/Enjoy the Silence
MOVIE CLIP FROM: Kindergarden Cop
Eric Clapton/Bad Love
Lightning Seeds/Pure