Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097074 times)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #645 on: October 04, 2007, 11:11:44 PM »
Quote from: "SFGuy"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Anyone else get the "KFOG E-mail" today, with the link to the Foghead Music Panel?  10 songs clips to give your opinion on:

1. Glen Hansard/Marketa (sndtk of Once) - "Falling Slowly"

I did. I hate the first one. I turned the radio on and that song was on. I thought I had the "Light Rock, Less Talk" station but realized I had KFOG on. The 1st song is really the only one listed I hated. A couple I didn't care for but I didn't mind the others.

I actually like this song, and really liked the movie.  Saw Glen w/ his band The Frames up in Seattle @ Bumbershoot.  Got video of him performing this with a lucky audience member who stepped up and nailed it:  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhKyjpxZUQo

Her video leading up to being called up is cute too:
http://www.youtube.com/user/joyfulin

Enh, then again, I didn't hate Colbie Caillat's "Bubbly" the first 100 times.   I'm happy when KFOG deigns to throw some women into the mix.  Sure, it'd be better if it was Meshell Ndegeocello or Joan Osborne's new albums.  :-/

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #646 on: October 05, 2007, 07:54:29 AM »
Quote from: "darryl"
Sorry to get to this so late.

That's okay, thanks for the research!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2007, 09:40:41 AM »
Anyone tried to get on the KFOG website lately? I tried yesterday, then again just now to check the football pool results for this week (I cacked this week) and am getting nothing but server-not-found errors. Hope y'all have their stream's URL bookmarked (and it's still working in the first place).
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2007, 09:43:20 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Anyone tried to get on the KFOG website lately? I tried yesterday, then again just now to check the football pool results for this week (I cacked this week) and am getting nothing but server-not-found errors. Hope y'all have their stream's URL bookmarked (and it's still working in the first place).

Worked for me just now.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #649 on: October 26, 2007, 10:00:21 AM »
anyone else surprised to hear KFOG running commercials for the "Wonders of Cannabis Festival"?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #650 on: October 26, 2007, 10:16:47 AM »
anyone else surprised to hear KFOG running commercials for the "Wonders of Cannabis Festival"?

Yep, and it's happening only about 5 blocks from my house--I'm tempted to walk down and see what it's about.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #651 on: October 30, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
Hope Urth caught Big Rick's "buzz cut" tonight -- Jeff Tweedy doing a cover of "Simple Twist of Fate" from the forthcoming Dylan movie sndtk.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #652 on: October 31, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »
Hope Urth caught Big Rick's "buzz cut" tonight -- Jeff Tweedy doing a cover of "Simple Twist of Fate" from the forthcoming Dylan movie sndtk.

I did not--but I'll be looking for it.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #653 on: October 31, 2007, 09:40:26 PM »

Just looked up the soundtrack on AMG--if the movie is half as good as the soundtrack appears to be, it should be fabulous:

http://wc07.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:a9fuxzehldke
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #654 on: November 01, 2007, 10:55:34 AM »

Here y'alls go:
http://www.myspace.com/imnottheresoundtrack
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
New Music Thursday
« Reply #655 on: November 08, 2007, 08:55:45 AM »
YES YES!  Benson spun Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings' "Be Easy" at 8:45am to a good response from Morning Show and caller, who asked "Is the whole album this good?  Wow."

It was cute.

I like that Mike Doughty track, "27 Jennifers".  So true for us kids born in the 70s.  My god there were a lot of Jennifers growing up through the 80s.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: New Music Thursday
« Reply #656 on: November 08, 2007, 09:00:25 AM »
YES YES!  Benson spun Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings' "Be Easy" at 8:45am to a good response from Morning Show and caller, who asked "Is the whole album this good?  Wow."

Guess Benson reads EW and the Chron.  The record company's gotta be happy to have that kinda buzz to build on.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 08, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »

I'm so relieved to know that this kind of stuff still happens.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 08, 2007, 09:32:57 AM »
I like that Mike Doughty track, "27 Jennifers".  So true for us kids born in the 70s.  My god there were a lot of Jennifers growing up through the 80s.

I liked it too when I heard it earlier this week.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 08, 2007, 09:42:29 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

I'm so relieved to know that this kind of stuff still happens.

I've been meaning to get over to Amoeba to get a copy of this and maybe Dap Dippin' too. Btw, they're booked into Bimbo's on Dec. 5--methinks I gotta be there. Anyone else?
Let's get right to it.