Author Topic: Sorry, no Back Door Beatles (Thurs 4/21/05)  (Read 4617 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Sorry, no Back Door Beatles (Thurs 4/21/05)
« on: April 21, 2005, 07:51:20 AM »
:cry:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 07:54:46 AM »
Are you sure?  I'm listening to the Drive now via the link on the 10@10 front page.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 07:57:06 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Are you sure?  I'm listening to the Drive now via the link on the 10@10 front page.

I'll try again but neither link worked for me.  Meanwhile Greil Marcus is going WAY overboard gushing about "Like a Rolling Stone" on KFOG.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 08:00:28 AM »
I don't know what you're hearing but all I get is the "Sounds Deluxe" blurb and then silence.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 08:05:22 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
I don't know what you're hearing but all I get is the "Sounds Deluxe" blurb and then silence.

I think I may have inadvertently clicked on the Deep Tracks link instead of the regular Drive link.  (It's the allergy meds.)  Sorry ...
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:07:43 AM »

I'll try again but neither link worked for me.  Meanwhile Greil Marcus is going WAY overboard gushing about "Like a Rolling Stone" on KFOG.

I was listening to Mr. Marcus as I was driving.  Gaz, didn't you say you met him at the EMP Pop Con?

Glad to be back at my desk now, between 4 pm Tuesday & 9pm last night I was on 5 different flights (& 4 different type of aircraft) getting to & from Idaho Falls ID.

I haven't checked my work email since Tuesday morning (when I was in Portland).  At this point I have 59 messages in my Inbox & the download says it is only 36% complete.  Yikes!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 09:23:46 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"

I was listening to Mr. Marcus as I was driving.  Gaz, didn't you say you met him at the EMP Pop Con?

Indeed, I did, albeit very briefly: A guy I know through the I Love Music message board was talking with him, and I entered the conversation.  I didn't get to see his presentation, though.  (BTW, I know I owe you all the full rundown of the weekend's activity -- been bludgeoned with demands ever since I got back, sorry.)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 09:36:05 AM »
(BTW, I know I owe you all the full rundown of the weekend's activity -- been bludgeoned with demands ever since I got back, sorry.)

We only wanna know if you got "lucky" in the Emerald City :wink:

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 09:52:06 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"

I haven't checked my work email since Tuesday morning (when I was in Portland).  At this point I have 59 messages in my Inbox & the download says it is only 36% complete.  Yikes!

Dude, I know your pain. When I got back from my week in NY, having missed 6 work days, I had over 1200 new messages in my in-box. Most was easily deletable as their relevance had long passed, but I still had to read at least the subject of each (save for the Russian spam, which I deleted outright) to determine that.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 09:55:11 AM »
(BTW, I know I owe you all the full rundown of the weekend's activity -- been bludgeoned with demands ever since I got back, sorry.)

Why is this a recurring trope?  You're, like, the third person to ask me that.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »

Why is this a recurring trope?  You're, like, the third person to ask me that.

Because you're gay and you went to a different city. But it's a standard question, even for single straight folks.