Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1102691 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2625 on: February 11, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
So Renee just posted Springsteen's new one on FB calling it "my latest obsession" --  is KFOG actually playing it regularly? I heard it ONCE about 3 weeks ago.

I've heard a new one by Bruce on KFOG a few times.

It has the lyrics "America takes care of her own -- wherever the flag is flown."  Is that it?

it's her new obsession?    ooookaaay
Must be the luck of the draw.  I've heard it several times, and I don't listen to KFOG that much anymore.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: February 12, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »
Maybe I missed it but it seems Ben Fong-Torres didn't make his annual Chinese New Year appearance on the Morning Show. Guess he really DID piss them off.

Meanwhile their FB page promises "complete Grammy wrap-up" tomorrow. Remember a few years back when they decided Fogheads didn't really care about the Grammys any more?  I guess Adele changed things this year.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
So Renee just posted Springsteen's new one on FB calling it "my latest obsession" --  is KFOG actually playing it regularly? I heard it ONCE about 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, I hear it multiple times a day.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2628 on: February 13, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
Meanwhile their FB page promises "complete Grammy wrap-up" tomorrow. Remember a few years back when they decided Fogheads didn't really care about the Grammys any more?  I guess Adele changed things this year.
Do all you youngsters dig the deadmau5 guy?  While not really my cup of tea, I at least found the electronica segment (once the Foo Fighters stopped playing) somewhat interesting, if alien.

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: February 13, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »
Do all you youngsters dig the deadmau5 guy?  While not really my cup of tea, I at least found the electronica segment (once the Foo Fighters stopped playing) somewhat interesting, if alien.

I liked it, too, but I had no real idea who he was, or what the song was, or what. I had to do some Googling afterward to explain WTH I just saw.  I searched for terms like "Grammys mouse mask" -- god, I felt so old!

Turns out deadmau5 was up for a Grammy for remix of a Foo Fighters song, which I presume THEY played first, then he mixed right afterward.  You saw Dave Grohl dancing to the mix? 

P.S. Deadmau5 lost to Skrillex.  (Wow, Did you EVER think you would see anything REMOTE approaching THAT sentence back when you were partying with PigPen in the good ol' days?)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:48:36 PM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: February 13, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »

I liked it, too, but I had no real idea who he was, or what the song was, or what. I had to do some Gooling afterward to explain WTH I just saw.  I searched for terms like "Grammys mouse mask" -- god, I felt so old!

Turns out deadmau5 was up for a Grammy for remix of a Foo Fighters song, which I presume THEY played first, then he mixed right afterward.  You saw Dave Grohl dancing to the mix? 

P.S. Deadmau5 lost to Skrillex.  (Wow, Did you EVER think you would see anything REMOTE approaching THAT sentence back when you were partying with PigPen in the good ol' days?)

Deadmau5 was one of last year's Outside Lands headliners.  Not really my cup of tea, but fun to watch!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: February 13, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »

I liked it, too, but I had no real idea who he was, or what the song was, or what. I had to do some Gooling afterward to explain WTH I just saw.  I searched for terms like "Grammys mouse mask" -- god, I felt so old!

Deadmau5 was one of last year's Outside Lands headliners.  Not really my cup of tea, but fun to watch!

I guess I fall into the oldies category. Fun to watch but I had no idea who it was or why the girls in the audience were wearing mouse ears. I like Dave Grohl and the FF but the tune Rope does nada for me.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: February 14, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
in case you didn't know about this "Sing Along With Tony Bennett" thing happening at noon in SF:

http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2012/02/09/a-san-francisco-sing-along-with-tony-bennett/

I gotta assume that KFOG (which plays the song semi-regularly anyway) will be playing it at noon.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »
in case you didn't know about this "Sing Along With Tony Bennett" thing happening at noon in SF:

http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2012/02/09/a-san-francisco-sing-along-with-tony-bennett/

I gotta assume that KFOG (which plays the song semi-regularly anyway) will be playing it at noon.

Confirmed!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
I heard BTE's "Good" & F+tT's "Moneygrabber" back to back the other day, and was struck by how similar their arrangements are.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »
oh, for fuck's sake... KFOG is playing Dave Matthew Band Crazy right now, just 20 minutes after we heard it in the 10at10 set.   
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:57 PM »
oh, for fuck's sake... KFOG is playing Dave Matthew Band Crazy right now, just 20 minutes after we heard it in the 10at10 set.

that's, well... CRAZY. But it happens way too often.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: February 16, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »

And if you stay up past 10 tonight, you can hear it again!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »

I'm so Crushed.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: February 21, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »
Jan ratings are in: KFOG, the Bone and K-Fox all up very slightly. KOIT plummeted back to earth after their Xmas bonanza.

Meanwhile, if I hear Renee describe G. Love as "laid-back alternative hip-hop blues" one more time (seriously -- WHAT??) I may go postal.