Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1102614 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2610 on: January 29, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »
10@10 isn't the only specialty program that's become more mainstream.  I'm listening to acoustic sunrise and we're currently up to five radio singles in a row

yes, absolutely. Earlier she played an acoustic version of KFOG Cure staple and also an alternate version of SRV's "Riviera Paradise"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 29, 2012, 09:18:37 PM »
10@10 isn't the only specialty program that's become more mainstream.  I'm listening to acoustic sunrise and we're currently up to five radio singles in a row

yes, absolutely. Earlier she played an acoustic version of KFOG Cure staple and also an alternate version of SRV's "Riviera Paradise"

Not at all surprised. If DC is going to f*** with 10@10, why would he leave Acoustic Sunrise (or any other longstanding franchise) alone?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 30, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
Fred P asks on FB: "Wondering how you guys can give away first 5 rows of Springsteen tickets, when the main floor is all general admission with no seats."

Good question!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: February 02, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »
Webster and GG doing the deejay shtick from Groundhog Day (they even played Sonny & Cher!) was a cute way to start the day.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: February 02, 2012, 08:28:14 AM »
Fred P asks on FB: "Wondering how you guys can give away first 5 rows of Springsteen tickets, when the main floor is all general admission with no seats."

Good question!

the other night Dred clarified this by saying "... the first five rows of RESERVED seats." 

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »
and here's Michael Franti, making "Subterranean Homesick Blues" sound exactly like all his other songs.  ::)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: February 02, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »
and here's Michael Franti, making "Subterranean Homesick Blues" sound exactly like all his other songs.  ::)

wow, KFOG is all over this Dylan-covers collection. Apparently they just played Raphael Saddiq (!) doing "Leopardskin Pillbox Hat".  And this morning I heard Jackson Browne's "Love Minus Zero"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: February 04, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Noticed Jose F gushing over that Lana del Ray song on FB and it seems to me (unless I'm missing something) that KFOG has really backed off playing "Video Games" after a flurry of "OMG isn't this just the COOLEST song??"-type activity. Her SNL debacle didn't help, I suppose.  She stikes me as a fairly worthless internet creation, but then I'm cranky.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: February 05, 2012, 05:37:50 AM »
Noticed Jose F gushing over that Lana del Ray song on FB and it seems to me (unless I'm missing something) that KFOG has really backed off playing "Video Games" after a flurry of "OMG isn't this just the COOLEST song??"-type activity. Her SNL debacle didn't help, I suppose.  She stikes me as a fairly worthless internet creation, but then I'm cranky.

Jose F is to KFOG music as Bob Fitzgerald is to the Golden State Warriors.

Lana Del Rey is essentially Ashlee Simpson 2: Don't Burn Out Before You've Actually Had A #1 hit.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: February 06, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »
Just posted on the KFOG website:

"INTRODUCING THE KFOG SOCIAL HOUR
It's time we get together, take a break and share some quality time!  Join the Morning Show crew, Irish Greg, Webster and Greg Gory, for KFOG's Social Hour next Tuesday, February 14th.  We'll have food, libations and a FREE concert with the amazing Chuck Prophet.  It all starts at 5:30pm at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero."

this appears to be an "anyone can just show up" event as opposed to a "you have to win tickets" event.  I'm sure the women in Webster and the Gregs lives are THRILLED to have to share them with Fogheads on Valentines Night.  ::)

But if it's a monthly event with a rotating cast of KFOG jocks, pencil me in for AL's...

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: February 06, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »
Too bad the debut event is on Valentine's Day. That said, I might have to drop by for a few minutes more out of curiosity's sake than anything else.

But yeah, AL's appearance would qualify as a 'must'.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: February 07, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »
It appears that Rad's assessment of KFOG being a new 'Click' station may be valid: Heard in the last 24 hours were Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" and Jane's Addiction's "Jane Says".

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: February 10, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
got home early today and heard the KFOG "Cloud Cover" -- it was Soup Dragons doing "I'm Free" -- and it actually took a while for AL to get someone to name who did the original.  Oy.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: February 11, 2012, 11:55:22 AM »
So Renee just posted Springsteen's new one on FB calling it "my latest obsession" --  is KFOG actually playing it regularly? I heard it ONCE about 3 weeks ago.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
So Renee just posted Springsteen's new one on FB calling it "my latest obsession" --  is KFOG actually playing it regularly? I heard it ONCE about 3 weeks ago.

I've heard a new one by Bruce on KFOG a few times.

It has the lyrics "America takes care of her own -- wherever the flag is flown."  Is that it?

it's her new obsession?    ooookaaay
~CPL593H~