Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1103436 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1485 on: December 16, 2009, 09:55:13 AM »
the other day, the place I get my hair cut was playing 103.7 The Band, and 5 mins after I walked in they played Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion". And here it is on KFOG. I'll never get over how a song that was a middling hit back in the day has become one of the most-played Classic Rock tracks evah.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 18, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »
Today's Peter Finch's last day for the year on the Morning Show--he's taking off for two weeks, and says he can't remember the last time he had that much time off. Guess being the longest-tenured personality on the morning show--and maybe on the entire KFOG airstaff--has its advantages.  (Or has Rosalie been on longer?)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 18, 2009, 09:46:25 AM »
Today's Peter Finch's last day for the year on the Morning Show--he's taking off for two weeks, and says he can't remember the last time he had that much time off. Guess being the longest-tenured personality on the morning show--and maybe on the entire KFOG airstaff--has its advantages.  (Or has Rosalie been on longer?)

I noticed when he was off last month for Thanksgiving week they got TV guy Marty Gonzalez to sub, reverting to what they did in the olden Morey days  -- earlier this year when Peter was off they had some Metro Traffic no-name subbing and he clearly was not in the studio with them and it sounded odd, not to mention cheap. Hope Marty (or a live body) fills in this time.

And I guess AL, having just had a 2-week honeymoon, and Webster, having just been in Hawaii, wont be off very much.  Unlike Dave, who used to take a loong Xmas vacay.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:56 AM »
Seems that Renee is flying solo this morning--we know Peter's out, and it appears that Webster has bailed for the week as well. (No telling about Greg, as he doesn't usually take much part in the 9am hour anyway.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 21, 2009, 10:01:27 AM »
Seems that Renee is flying solo this morning--we know Peter's out, and it appears that Webster has bailed for the week as well. (No telling about Greg, as he doesn't usually take much part in the 9am hour anyway.)

Greg was there, but I was surprised Webster got another week off so soon after his Hawaiian excursion.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 21, 2009, 10:07:06 AM »

Greg was there, but I was surprised Webster got another week off so soon after his Hawaiian excursion.

Well, that was sort of a working vacation. It'd be pretty chintzy if they made him take vacation time to go on a station promo trip--even one to Hawaii.  Although I would not be surprised by any kind of cheapskate tactics from any corporate employer these days.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1491 on: December 22, 2009, 08:46:08 AM »
They were taking a poll as to whether or not to play "Smoke Two Joints" at 5PM on Friday, since it would be xmas.  Greg opined that he was sick of the song, and wouldn't mind never hearing it again.  I don't know how the rest of you feel, but it's traditional to me, and I'd be pissed if they didn't play it.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 22, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »
They were taking a poll as to whether or not to play "Smoke Two Joints" at 5PM on Friday, since it would be xmas.  Greg opined that he was sick of the song, and wouldn't mind never hearing it again.  I don't know how the rest of you feel, but it's traditional to me, and I'd be pissed if they didn't play it.

so, Xmas is the one day of the year you're *NOT* supposed to smoke pot?? I don't get the logic. More kids will be listening than on a normal Friday? Huh?

OTOH, they didn't play "Monster Hash" on Halloween, either, which disappointed me.  And they've gotten letters/e-mails complaining about John Mayer's "Who Says I Can't Get Stoned?" being in the current rotation -- "it comes on when I'm in the car with my kids!"

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 22, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »

so, Xmas is the one day of the year you're *NOT* supposed to smoke pot?? I don't get the logic. More kids will be listening than on a normal Friday? Huh?

OTOH, they didn't play "Monster Hash" on Halloween, either, which disappointed me.  And they've gotten letters/e-mails complaining about John Mayer's "Who Says I Can't Get Stoned?" being in the current rotation -- "it comes on when I'm in the car with my kids!"

Then perhaps your kids would prefer to listen to KOIT or KCBS!
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 26, 2009, 10:54:13 AM »
Post-marathon on Sat morning and it's... (all together now) "21 Guns".  The only thing KFOG plays more than this song is those damn American Express commercials with "the smart cookies", those women who've suddenly discovered how to budget their money. I'm WAAAAY sick of those.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Request-o-rama-o-rama
« Reply #1495 on: January 04, 2010, 01:42:26 PM »
Morning show will be doing the ever-popular Request-o-rama-o-rama this Friday. Start pondering now if you wanna play stump the Morning Show.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Request-o-rama-o-rama
« Reply #1496 on: January 04, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »
Morning show will be doing the ever-popular Request-o-rama-o-rama this Friday. Start pondering now if you wanna play stump the Morning Show.

let's hope the questions are better than Renee's "Climb _____ Mountain" query this morning. (She was stumped by that in a crossword puzzle because there were only 4 letters; any theater geek knows the song title spells it "ev'ry" -- but she didn't explain the 4 letters part until after the caller was on the air)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:20 AM »

They won't do Elvis-in-Bowie-style or Bowie-in-Elvis-style singing?  Phooey.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 05, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »

That doesn't mean they won't do that for the 9:00 Pop Quiz. (they're giving away Elvis Costello prizes this week, so there's a tenuous connection, kinda).

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 06, 2010, 07:41:25 AM »

That doesn't mean they won't do that for the 9:00 Pop Quiz. (they're giving away Elvis Costello prizes this week, so there's a tenuous connection, kinda).

UPDATE: They promo-ed this again today and apparently all the R-O-R questions Friday will be Presley-trivia-related, since it's his 75th birthday.  So the Bowie-Elvis thing is still possible, I suppose. And I wouldn't be surprised if AL does an Elvis 10@10.