Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1102612 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2880 on: July 28, 2012, 03:13:26 PM »
SFGate catches up with M.Dung. Ay-waaay, or something.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Ex-DJ-M-Dung-plugging-aaywaay-on-podcast-3735480.php

you might dig his podcasts:

http://www.idiotshow.net/

I know you expect nothing less from a Crankypants like me, but I don't quite get his appeal. His tenure at KFOG was before my time, more or less, but I remember the month that I arrived in SF, the Bammies (remember them?) were being broadcast live and he was there, interviewing people backstage and whatnot. And it seemed like Every. Other. Word was "Oh-DAY!!" and "ay-WAYY!" and I'm sitting there going "whothefuck is this MORON??" He truly came across (to the un-initiated, at least) as brain-damaged. No wonder he did "The Idiot Show".   But people really liked that schtick, I guess.
I guess you'd have to say he grew on me.  I met him once or twice, and found him to be a very sincere person.  I can't describe why that matters, but it did.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: August 11, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
per this thread at radio-info.com, Greg Gory will be doing weekend fill-in work on KGO. I'm assuming this is in addition to KFOG in the Morning.

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?topic=217451.0
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: August 24, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »
Just looked at the Triple-A chart. "Some Nights" by Fun(period) is Top Ten but KFOG doesn't seem to be playing it much or at all (thank gawd). Meanwhile the Alanis song "Guardian" which KFOG has been playing incessantly isn't even in the Triple-A Top 50.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: August 24, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »
Just looked at the Triple-A chart. "Some Nights" by Fun(period) is Top Ten but KFOG doesn't seem to be playing it much or at all (thank gawd). Meanwhile the Alanis song "Guardian" which KFOG has been playing incessantly isn't even in the Triple-A Top 50.

And while we're on the subject:
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/08/worst_hipster_bands_all_time_c.php
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: August 25, 2012, 10:39:46 AM »

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/08/worst_hipster_bands_all_time_c.php

nice. I put this link on the FB GS page.
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: August 27, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »

Yeah, thankfully it's only getting 10x/week.  DC can't ignore anything that gets into the Top 15 these days, but thankfully he's keeping "Some Nights" to a minimum.  Now all he needs to do is dump Ed Sheeran because that left the Top 10 long ago.

The Alanis Morissette song barely made the Top 30 awhile back...it looks like it's still hanging around, but just barely.

He apparently LOVES the new Muse song, too.  49 spins and it hasn't been out a week, sheesh.

Mediabase charts (free registration required:)

http://www.allaccess.com/triple-a/mediabase
http://www.allaccess.com/mediabase/q/report/playlist/station/KFOG-FM

Nate

• two bits
  • It's called "Internet"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: August 27, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
Just heard that Annalisa will be back from vacation on Wednesday. That means a new 10@10 then!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
Just heard that Annalisa will be back from vacation on Wednesday. That means a new 10@10 then!

Yay!

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: August 27, 2012, 11:24:19 PM »

Just don't click on the link to 20 Worst Bands of All Time and look at #9.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: August 28, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »
was browsing thru radio-info's Denver board looking for stuff on KBCO and came across this post from Oct 2010:

There was a time when KBCO was Denver's only Boulder radio station--and Boulder's only Denver station. A lot of credit belongs to Dennis Constantine the visionary musicologist and programming wunderkind who had people in places like Castle Rock trying to get KBCO because the station was s-o-o-o good.

Dennis just got the 21st century axe in Portland. I bet he'd love to go back to Colorado!

"visionary musicologist and programming wunderkind"?? How times have changed. 

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: August 28, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »
was browsing thru radio-info's Denver board looking for stuff on KBCO and came across this post from Oct 2010:

There was a time when KBCO was Denver's only Boulder radio station--and Boulder's only Denver station. A lot of credit belongs to Dennis Constantine the visionary musicologist and programming wunderkind who had people in places like Castle Rock trying to get KBCO because the station was s-o-o-o good.

Dennis just got the 21st century axe in Portland. I bet he'd love to go back to Colorado!

Well, I still think that describes him just fine.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: August 28, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »

If the ratings drop again in the August book that might take the shine off of "programming wunderkind"  ;)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: August 28, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »

Just don't click on the link to 20 Worst Bands of All Time and look at #9.

yes, I like anchovies, too.
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: August 28, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »

If the ratings drop again in the August book that might take the shine off of "programming wunderkind"  ;)

Ok, you have a point.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:37 AM »
Couple nice surprises in the 6:00 hour this morning: Wailing Souls' "Shark Attack", which I hadn't heard in quite a while -- it was a KFOG staple when it was new and I still can't understand why they don't play it at Sharks games.  Around 6:40 they treated us to macca's "Junior's Farm" for no particular reason.  They're also running a new liner, something like "in touch with the past, but in tune with the new!"