Author Topic: Thursday April 14--it's 1971!!!  (Read 22285 times)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: do you want bigger file sizes for avatars?
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2005, 05:11:12 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
I'd like to keep the pixel size down, if that's ok, some of the other message boards are too avatarish for me. OK?

Fine by me. Guess I better start practicing my photoshop skillz!
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: do you want bigger file sizes for avatars?
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 10:46:50 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "ggould"
I'd like to keep the pixel size down, if that's ok, some of the other message boards are too avatarish for me. OK?

Fine by me. Guess I better start practicing my photoshop skillz!
OK, file size limit raised to 80K, if you can't do a cool animated gif in 80K, go back to Photoshop school!  Actually, you want to use ImageReady, which comes with a Photoshop install.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Thursday April 14--it's 1971!!!
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 10:51:22 AM »
I know Mshray asked me to keep my avatar- but I wanted to see how this looked. I may try to make another one that's just Beavis rockin'....
nakes? On my plane?

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2005, 12:36:50 PM »
Quote from: "Beej"
I know Mshray asked me to keep my avatar- but I wanted to see how this looked. I may try to make another one that's just Beavis rockin'....

And worry not, I've still got homer on ice here at home, but I just wanted to see something different by my logon for awhile. I'll bring him back eventually.

Another question for Geoff re: avatars. Is there some reason not to allow bitmap files as avatars? Right now it seems like everything I steal for avatar usage is a bmp, so I have to convert it to a gif or jpg to use it here.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2005, 01:23:46 PM »
Another question for Geoff re: avatars. Is there some reason not to allow bitmap files as avatars? Right now it seems like everything I steal for avatar usage is a bmp, so I have to convert it to a gif or jpg to use it here.
There's no config in the back office that explicity says 'no bmp files,' but generally speaking, the only universal file types on the web are .jpg and .gif, with .png coming on strong.  BMP files are also notoriously huge in relation to the actual size of the image.  There must be tons of free programs that convert these things on the Windows side of the pond.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2005, 05:13:59 PM »
Did Veruca Salt say "twat"?  :D

I thought of this post during the marathon today...I believe she says "twerps".

This was the 2nd week in a row that they played the sets in order of how they appeared during the week.  A new trend?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round