Author Topic: Personal birthdays  (Read 3369 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:15:07 PM »
Hey Mark - I mentioned it belatedly on the KFOG board, but I wanted to pass along my b-day greets here.  Auspicious: One of my hometown friends, Jules -- and his wife Patience -- had their firstborn on your birthday.  So you can now share your day not only with Shaq, but with Madison Thomas of Elizabeth, PA.

And while I'm writing, the day that just passed (3/7) would have been my dear Brando's 36th birthday.  I'm dealing a lot better now with his loss, though there's nothing I wouldn't give to have him living alongside me.  Blessings and gratitude for the time I spent with his family and loved ones, Mark being certainly among them.

P.S.  March is a good month of birthdays of influence for me.  My other best friend, Victor, celebrates his on 3/10, followed by Sly Stone on 3/15, Paul Kantner on 3/17 (though sources deviate slightly on the date), and another dear friend, Daniel, on 3/19.  Mark Lindsay is 3/12, but he's not nearly so infulential.   :)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:29:30 PM »
Is Madison Thomas a boy or a girl?  'cause I totally do not get this Madison-as-new-popular-girl's-name thing.  Is this the fault of Ron Howard and Daryl Hannah?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:48:48 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Is Madison Thomas a boy or a girl?  'cause I totally do not get this Madison-as-new-popular-girl's-name thing.  Is this the fault of Ron Howard and Daryl Hannah?

Girl, though I get the confusion.  But as it works out, all four Madisons within my spheres of friends-with-offspring are girls.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 10:32:51 PM »
Happy Birthday to my Mom on Wed. the 8th.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 11:26:12 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Happy Birthday to my Mom on Wed. the 8th.

Happy Birthday, Momma Lyon!

(and happy birthday, Micky Dolenz, same day!)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 07:45:03 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

Girl, though I get the confusion.  But as it works out, all four Madisons within my spheres of friends-with-offspring are girls.

It basically sprang out-of-nowhere to become very popular a few years ago and no one knows why. And the only "Madison" I'd ever encountered previously was Ms. Hannah's character in Splash.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:59:45 AM »
My brother turns 50 on the 14th.  Never have I been so happy that I'm the younger brother...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 09:08:46 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

It basically sprang out-of-nowhere to become very popular a few years ago and no one knows why. And the only "Madison" I'd ever encountered previously was Ms. Hannah's character in Splash.

I knew a 5 year old girl named Madison (co-worked with the mom) back in '90.  She's gonna be old enough to drink this year!

My kindergartner has a classmate named Madison, with whom he's good friends, and she's got a little sis in my preschooler's class.  We have a puzzle map of the United States that has batteries, so when you put the piece in it tells you the name of the state & its capital.  The other day my kids were playing with it & the computerized voice said, "Wisconsin.  State capital: Madison".  They both started cracking up and ran over to me to tell me how silly it was for some state to have a capital called Madison.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Personal birthdays
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »
REVIVED to wish Brando what would have been a happy 37th.  Nice to hear "Crazy on You," which he was proud of having taught himself to play on guitar all those years ago, as the day begins.  Brandon, whatever form you've taken, I hope you've retained a nice vestigial memory or two of your last go-round here.  (I still wish you would've given me a shout from the great beyond, but I'll assume you and the guiding forces have your reasons.)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Personal birthdays
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 11:49:36 PM »
REVIVED as I light a virtual candle in mind for a dear friend.  Brandon, wish you could see how things have been turning out.

And early b-day greetings to Mama Lyon, who now also shares a birthday with the to-be-one-year-old daughter Lina of my friends Jack and Suzannah, who just last week moved from my Brooklyn neighborhood out of state.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 07:54:36 AM »
P.S.  March is a good month of birthdays of influence for me.  My other best friend, Victor, celebrates his on 3/10, followed by Sly Stone on 3/15, Paul Kantner on 3/17 (though sources deviate slightly on the date), and another dear friend, Daniel, on 3/19.  Mark Lindsay is 3/12, but he's not nearly so influential.   :)
Don't forget Roger Daltrey 3/1, Lou Reed 3/2, David Gilmour 3/6, James Taylor 3/12, Mike Love 3/15, John Sebastian 3/17, Wilson Pickett 3/18, Ric Ocasek 3/23, Nick Lowe 3/24, Aretha Franklin & Elton John 3/25, Diana Ross & Steven Tyler 3/26, Eddie Cochran 3/28, Eric Clapton & Willie Nelson 3/30

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 09:23:13 AM »
And Micky Dolenz on 3/8!

SFGuy

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 02:18:17 AM »
Does anybody ever go to sites like Imdb to see whom they share birthday with?? I have and one I do not like to share with..Osama Bin Laden. If Chuck Norris is a positive then we share the same birthday too. (BTW, this birthday is coming up very very soon and I'll be joining the 40's club. In fact, it's the same day as Gazoo's friend Victor).