Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097393 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1080 on: December 21, 2008, 11:23:32 PM »
Also, they have today's show posted on the Morning Show page in one-hour chunks, as well as today's 10@10.
http://www.kfog.com/PROGRAMMING/kfogmorningshow/tabid/229/Default.aspx

They're Flash audio files, so not sure if they're downloadable or not (right-clicking just brings up an "about Adobe Flash" page). If anyone figures a way to snag the files, please share the info.

They're actually just MP3s hiding behind a Flash player.  The links are in the source of the Morning Show page.  I copied those and put them on this page for easy saving:

http://www.darryl.com/dave/

Right-click to save.

I've got the full recordings from Weds, Thurs, Fri sitting on this hard drive here (as well as yesterday's 10@10 marathon).  They're about 288MB each, so I'll probably chunk 'em up into 1-hour segments and post them up soon.
Cool, good work. Let us know if you upload the 10@10 sets. Urth recorded and is burning to CD me thinks.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 22, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »
Thanks for the link, Darryl!  BTW, I dunno if I'm crazy (quite possible) but it seems like the overplayed songs on KFOG are even more overplayed than they used to be. Add JCM's "Check it out" to the list; I seem to hear the Cranberries every freakin' morning and don't even GET me started on "Sweet Home Alabummer"...

And I thought it was just a function of Dave's last day, but the player on the KFOG site still isn't working. The "other" player works, however:

http://player.cumulusstreaming.com/stations/KFOG-FM/PubPoint.asx

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1082 on: December 22, 2008, 06:12:14 PM »
Also, they have today's show posted on the Morning Show page in one-hour chunks, as well as today's 10@10.

They're Flash audio files, so not sure if they're downloadable or not (right-clicking just brings up an "about Adobe Flash" page). If anyone figures a way to snag the files, please share the info.

They're actually just MP3s hiding behind a Flash player.  The links are in the source of the Morning Show page.  I copied those and put them on this page for easy saving:

Right-click to save.

I've got the full recordings from Weds, Thurs, Fri sitting on this hard drive here (as well as yesterday's 10@10 marathon).  They're about 288MB each, so I'll probably chunk 'em up into 1-hour segments and post them up soon.
Darryl, you're much cleverer than I, or have younger eyes.  I was looking at the source, but couldn't locate the sound files.  Thanks for doing this.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 23, 2008, 07:49:35 AM »

Right-click to save.

Darryl, you're much cleverer than I, or have younger eyes.  I was looking at the source, but couldn't locate the sound files.  Thanks for doing this.

The magic phrase to search for:  mp3

:-}

Lemme throw all of these audio files onto a flash drive so I can get some "work" done at work.  ;-}

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 23, 2008, 09:14:30 AM »
...so I can get some "work" done at work.  ;-}
I miss work.......
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 29, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »
I'm listening to Hour 2 of Dave's last show (the only hour I missed, I was in transit at that point). Did Craig Easley (former "Morning Show Beat Poet") really say he was Dave's age? Wow, I thought he was in his 30s!

Love the guy who requested (and got) "See Emily Play".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 07, 2009, 09:48:47 AM »
A little juvenile bathroom humor to start your morning:

The "just played" feature on the KFOG door a few minutes ago listed "Pete Townshend--Let My Love Open the Doo."

Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 09, 2009, 09:28:04 AM »
Let it be recorded that at 9:25 am this 9th day of January, 2009, KFOG's morning show played the Ramones Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio, a first in regular (non-10@10) airplay in my memory.

Score one point for Webster.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 09, 2009, 09:28:41 AM »
I'm not revoking my assessment of the Ramones as a novelty act, but it was really fun to hear "Rock & Roll Radio" shortly after arriving at work today.  Suddenly feeling energized.

xpost: haha!  Was just coming on to post that!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 09, 2009, 12:04:49 PM »
Let it be recorded that at 9:25 am this 9th day of January, 2009, KFOG's morning show played the Ramones Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio, a first in regular (non-10@10) airplay in my memory.

Only Daryl knows for sure, But I'm sure it comes up in non-10@10 rotation occasionally, tho' not exactly frequently.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 09, 2009, 02:03:58 PM »

Only Daryl knows for sure, But I'm sure it comes up in non-10@10 rotation occasionally, tho' not exactly frequently.

True--I could see Big Rick, who I've rarely listened to even when I was living there, playing it.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 12, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »
For the "Stupid Fogheads" files: Today's Pop Quiz was IDing the artists of various Motown songs, keyed to the label's celebrating its 50th anniversary this week.  So the first caller is asked to name the Motown artist of "Ain't Too Proud to Beg": "The Stones," he says.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 12, 2009, 10:02:50 AM »
For the "Stupid Fogheads" files: Today's Pop Quiz was IDing the artists of various Motown songs, keyed to the label's celebrating its 50th anniversary this week.  So the first caller is asked to name the Motown artist of "Ain't Too Proud to Beg": "The Stones," he says.

I was watching VH-1 Soul yesterday and they were running ads for yet another compilation called "That's What I call Motown", kaeyed to that 50th Anniv; it occurred to me that the famous "Motown 25" TV special (MJ moonwalks, etc) in 1983 was 7 months early.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 30, 2009, 09:33:42 AM »
Anyone hear the discussion in the 6:00 hour of the Doobies' "Jesus is Just Alright"?  Greg asked about the song; he thought it odd that a "biker band" like the Doobs would record an ode to JC. Peter said something about Jesus being "cool" in the early '70s, but none of the 4 people in the studio seemed to have a clue that it was a cover of a Byrds song from 1969 -- it took a listener to call in and tell them.

Dave woulda known...

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 30, 2009, 09:44:05 AM »
Anyone hear the discussion in the 6:00 hour of the Doobies' "Jesus is Just Alright"?  Greg asked about the song; he thought it odd that a "biker band" like the Doobs would record an ode to JC. Peter said something about Jesus being "cool" in the early '70s, but none of the 4 people in the studio seemed to have a clue that it was a cover of a Byrds song from 1969 -- it took a listener to call in and tell them.

Dave woulda known...

Peter should have known that--he's of the right generation, but he's such a goof I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Yeah, they lost a lot more than just a morning DJ when Dave left the station.

Oh, and Renee sounds terrible this morning--voice all froggy and such.

ETA: Webster's now playing Shawn Mullins' Rockabye, a song that was in heavy rotation on KFOG in October of '98 when I moved to SF. It's quite the sledgehammer for me all of a sudden, and now 10+ years later it makes me realize how much has happened in that time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:58:09 AM by urth »
Let's get right to it.