Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097408 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1065 on: December 19, 2008, 10:44:34 AM »
"I'll Follow the Sun" would be a perfect sign-off song, but Dave played that yesterday, no?

He played it as the 2nd half of a twin-spin circa 8:00 today.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:56:50 AM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 19, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »
EJ !  Not what I would have guessed but very appropo. 

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 19, 2008, 11:03:37 AM »
EJ !  Not what I would have guessed but very appropo. 

Indeed. If it were me in this position, I'd have such a tough time picking a last song. So many that would be fitting.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 19, 2008, 11:15:22 AM »
I could've sworn Annalisa said "Please Come Home for Christmas," but instead (and thankfully) we get "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)."  Still like U2's version better.  (Who did the original - Ronnie Spector or Darlene Love?)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 19, 2008, 11:20:15 AM »
I could've sworn Annalisa said "Please Come Home for Christmas," but instead (and thankfully) we get "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)."  Still like U2's version better.  (Who did the original - Ronnie Spector or Darlene Love?)

Following The Ramones' "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" with REM's "It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" in today's context is pure genius in my book.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:36:17 AM by mshray »

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 19, 2008, 11:33:04 AM »

OK now you're REALLY pissing me off! for shame!  ;)  (U2 better than Darlene? not on this planet)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 19, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
The Ramones' "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"

? ? ?  when did the Ramones do that one?

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 19, 2008, 11:34:35 AM »

Following The Ramones' "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" with REM's "It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" in today's context it pure genius in my book.

TANC: I was IM chatting w another friend during 10@10 and showed hmi that hilarious Pogues lyrics graphic Mike posted (http://10at10club.com/forum/index.php?topic=5283.msg92579#msg92579) and he said it reminded him of REM's EOTWAWKI.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:38:45 AM by Tinka_Cat »
~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Wow, that didn't take long
« Reply #1073 on: December 19, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »
It's like 8 hours after Dave's last shift finished, and they've already got his picture off the Morning show page and someone else, Webster I assume, in his place. Jeez, guys, you could at least wait 'til Dave's out of town.

To be fair, DM is still on the airstaff page (Webster is not) and his blog page is still up.

Also, they have today's show posted on the Morning Show page in one-hour chunks, as well as today's 10@10.
http://www.kfog.com/PROGRAMMING/kfogmorningshow/tabid/229/Default.aspx

They're Flash audio files, so not sure if they're downloadable or not (right-clicking just brings up an "about Adobe Flash" page). If anyone figures a way to snag the files, please share the info.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:36:54 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Wow, that didn't take long
« Reply #1074 on: December 19, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »
It's like 8 hours after Dave's last shift finished, and they've already got his picture off the Morning show page and someone else, Webster I assume, in his place. Jeez, guys, you could at least wait 'til Dave's out of town.

To be fair, DM is still on the airstaff page (Webster is not) and his blog page is still up.

Also, they have today's show posted on the Morning Show page in one-hour chunks, as well as today's 10@10.

They're Flash audio files, so not sure if they're downloadable or not (right-clicking just brings up an "about Adobe Flash" page). If anyone figures a way to snag the files, please share the info.
Yeah, it's Webster:

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 20, 2008, 01:22:24 AM »
It hit me this afternoon that there was one key 10@10 personality that I don't think they had on during Dave's farewell week, and that they certainly should have: Don Pardo. I mean, he's still fairly active--he does SNL every week, and I assume he's probably getting checks of some kind from KFOG for the ongoing use of his numerous 10@10 clips, so he must be aware of the show. Would have been cool to get him on the phone and have Dave talk to him about whatever went into the recording of all those clips we know so well. Wonder if they even approached him?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 20, 2008, 10:38:16 AM »
It hit me this afternoon that there was one key 10@10 personality that I don't think they had on during Dave's farewell week, and that they certainly should have: Don Pardo. I mean, he's still fairly active--he does SNL every week, and I assume he's probably getting checks of some kind from KFOG for the ongoing use of his numerous 10@10 clips, so he must be aware of the show. Would have been cool to get him on the phone and have Dave talk to him about whatever went into the recording of all those clips we know so well. Wonder if they even approached him?

That woulda been swell! But I dunno if "fairly active" is correct -- I believe he records the SNL intro early in the day from a home studio, and (I could be wrong, but) I don't think he does much else, announcing-wise.  But one of us should email Greg and ask if it was considered.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 20, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »

That woulda been swell! But I dunno if "fairly active" is correct -- I believe he records the SNL intro early in the day from a home studio, and (I could be wrong, but) I don't think he does much else, announcing-wise.  But one of us should email Greg and ask if it was considered.

I was reading something about him and SNL some time in the last few months that said he tried doing that, but Loren Michaels really thought it was important for him to be in the studio when the show was being done, and to do his part live. So he would fly once a week from Phoenix to NYC to do the show, then fly home. At age 90. I think you're right that he's not doing much else, if anything.
Let's get right to it.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 21, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »

They're actually just MP3s hiding behind a Flash player.  The links are in the source of the Morning Show page.  I copied those and put them on this page for easy saving:

http://www.darryl.com/dave/

Right-click to save.

I've got the full recordings from Weds, Thurs, Fri sitting on this hard drive here (as well as yesterday's 10@10 marathon).  They're about 288MB each, so I'll probably chunk 'em up into 1-hour segments and post them up soon.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 21, 2008, 11:08:21 PM »
Huh -- the files are "unscoped" (they have commercials and music).  I thought that was a no-no.  Anyways, much better levels than my recordings off the air (I was really worried about it being too loud than too quiet -- is that the right way to err?)