Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097393 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3450 on: May 11, 2015, 09:49:11 AM »
Man, "Lightning Crashes" is truly a HFH for me -- and it's become KFOG's go-to '90s classic in the last couple of weeks.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: May 11, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »
Man, "Lightning Crashes" is truly a HFH for me -- and it's become KFOG's go-to '90s classic in the last couple of weeks.

Live 105 played it yesterday morning in the eight o'clock hour.  I kinda like it.  I can feel it.
~CPL593H~

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: May 11, 2015, 07:24:55 PM »

Live 105 played it yesterday morning in the eight o'clock hour.  I kinda like it.  I can feel it.

Hard to believe it's 20 years old. It's compelling (and reminds me of a student who died during its chart run).

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: May 12, 2015, 09:50:50 AM »
nice to hear "This Charming Man" in regular KFOG rotay -- used to be one of those "only on 10@10 (and rarely even there)"  songs.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: May 16, 2015, 04:09:51 PM »
Someone of some of our's FB acquaintance just posted a clip of "Budapest" and said he'd just discovered the song. I held back from saying that KFOG has been playing it 8 times a day for the last 6 months...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: May 19, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »
Latest screed on the "Fogheads for the Old Format" FB page: complaining about the use of the word "geezer" on Mind the Gap. Some woman actually questions whether it is illegal discrtimination.  It seems all-in-fun to me (nobody likes being called a "hipster" either, afaik). I wanted to say that complaining about the word "geezer" kinda makes you a... geezer. But I simply pointed out that the "geezer" wins Mind the Gap more often than not.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:27:15 AM by RGMike »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: May 19, 2015, 09:51:19 AM »
Someone of some of our's FB acquaintance just posted a clip of "Budapest" and said he'd just discovered the song. I held back from saying that KFOG has been playing it 8 times a day for the last 6 months...

Snipe or no?
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: May 19, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »

One of the newest songs I am quickly getting sick of: Sheppard, Geronimo.

Really hoping the trend of shout-singing choruses in pop songs ends soon. (See also: Imagine Dragons, etc. etc.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: May 19, 2015, 12:56:53 PM »

Snipe or no?

No. Or he was, briefly. One of Dave Morey's favorite Fogheads.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: May 19, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »

Snipe or no?

And while this person seems decent enough, they're in the "let's celebrate something obvious years after the fact" camp. I think there might exist a bit of a language barrier.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: May 20, 2015, 09:41:26 AM »

Snipe or no?

And while this person seems decent enough, they're in the "let's celebrate something obvious years after the fact" camp. I think there might exist a bit of a language barrier.

Ah, I think I get you. Makes frequent references to cutlery and dentition?
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: May 20, 2015, 10:15:17 AM »

Snipe or no?

Ah, I think I get you. Makes frequent references to cutlery and dentition?
Si
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: May 20, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »
This morning they had one of the more hilarious Mind the Gaps ever. a "Letterman" theme -- the hipster had never heard of "Charlie's Angels" or Farrah Fawcett, and couldn't ID Bob Dylan BY VOICE (!). The geezer didn't know who Paris Hilton was or Foo Fighters, and neither knew what network Letterman is on.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: May 20, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
This morning they had one of the more hilarious Mind the Gaps ever. a "Letterman" theme -- the hipster had never heard of "Charlie's Angels" or Farrah Fawcett, and couldn't ID Bob Dylan BY VOICE (!). The geezer didn't know who Paris Hilton was or Foo Fighters, and neither knew what network Letterman is on.
Saw Bob Dylan's perf last night.  It was nice, you could hear what he was saying, his voice was in good form for him. He and Lily Tomlin seem separated at birth these days.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: May 20, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »
Saw Bob Dylan's perf last night.  It was nice, you could hear what he was saying, his voice was in good form for him. He and Lily Tomlin seem separated at birth these days.

He did something from his Sinatra album, yes? That would explain why the lyrics were intelligible. :)