Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097430 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3195 on: December 16, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
Friday's connected theme was "Goodbye" and Renee's doing a week full of "my favorite 10@10s from the past year"...could these be clues?  :-\

Well, I listened to snippets during my drive this morning... an obnoxious commercial here, a few seconds of "In Your Eyes" there.... in other words I learned nothing.

Still appeared to be business as usual this morning.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: December 29, 2013, 09:45:19 PM »
Just revealed: apparently KFOG PD Mr Pugh is the brother of Dan Patrick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Patrick
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 10, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
I had to chuckle this week when KFOG trumpeted (for New Releases Thursday) "the new song from The Neighbourhood" -- yes, they were talking about "Sweater Weather", which Live 105 was playing 6 times a day some eight months ago. I was sick of it then (easily one of my "most annoying" of 2013) and I shudder to think I'll be subjected to it for the next 6 months as if it were actually "new". Oy.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 13, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »
Nice to hear TFF, "Woman in Chains" on KFOG right before 10@10 -- one you don't hear quite so often.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: February 19, 2014, 10:02:36 AM »
Passenger's "Let Her Go", which we discussed when it showed up on KFOG's "Foghead Favorites of 2013" list, and I mentioned I hadn't heard it -- well, turns out I've heard it a shitload of times and assumed it was Brett Dennen. I mean, the guy's voice is identical. Why would anyone WANT to sound like Brett Dennen?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: February 26, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »
Apparently our pleas have been heard. Dred posted a pic of himself and AL (wearing headphones) on his FB page, with the caption "Guess who's coming to DJ?" No mention of when or what show she'll be taking over but word is out, so one assumes it'll happen soon.
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: February 26, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »
Apparently our pleas have been heard. Dred posted a pic of himself and AL (wearing headphones) on his FB page, with the caption "Guess who's coming to DJ?" No mention of when or what show she'll be taking over but word is out, so one assumes it'll happen soon.

Woah Nelly! I'll have to check this out. Thanks Urth!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: February 26, 2014, 03:48:20 PM »

Thinking a little more about the timing of this. Gory's new gig starts in LA in April, no? Assuming he'll be moving that way (safe guess) and will need some time to do so and get settled, it would make sense that he might be leaving KFOG at the end of February and taking all of March to get re-situated. So AL could theoretically be back on the KFOG airwaves next week?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: February 26, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »

Thinking a little more about the timing of this. Gory's new gig starts in LA in April, no? Assuming he'll be moving that way (safe guess) and will need some time to do so and get settled, it would make sense that he might be leaving KFOG at the end of February and taking all of March to get re-situated. So AL could theoretically be back on the KFOG airwaves next week?

Amen and allelujah.  The comments in 'snipe-land seem to indicate this is indeed happening.

To paraphrase Gerald Ford, "Our long Foghead nightmare is over."

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: February 26, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »

Amen and allelujah.  The comments in 'snipe-land seem to indicate this is indeed happening.

Let's hope so. Still, I don't want to assume too much. 10@10 is still Renee's gig until we hear otherwise, even if AL does a much better job producing it. But things are looking a whole lot better than they were this time yesterday.

(One advantage to giving it back to AL however, is that it won't need to be produced by committee any longer. She can do the whole thing back to front and not require input from Pugh or Rosalie, or the services of an engineer to assemble it.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:51:44 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: February 26, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »

Let's hope so. Still, I don't want to assume too much. 10@10 is still Renee's gig until we hear otherwise, even if AL does a much better job producing it. But things are looking a whole lot better than they were this time yesterday.

(One advantage to giving it back to AL however, is that it won't need to ibe produced by committee any longer. She can do the whole thing back to front and not require input from Pugh or Rosalie, or the services of an engineer to assemble it.)

Also, it's been a long while since anyone in radio management has been the least bit sensitive to the talent's feelings.

And to go a little further out on the speculative limb, do you think AL would bring back requests with her? That would be rad(347)!
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: February 26, 2014, 09:11:12 PM »
Based on her new FB profile pic (which features a KFOG mic) things appear to be looking good.  Altho' I agree that 10@10 may not be part of the deal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: February 26, 2014, 11:54:29 PM »
Based on her new FB profile pic (which features a KFOG mic) things appear to be looking good.  Altho' I agree that 10@10 may not be part of the deal.

i think those pics were taken at the KFOG 30th anniversary shindig in 2012 at which AL announced her departure. But nevertheless, it definitely seems to be a done deal. From the FB page of one P. Finch:  "So happy to hear my friend Annalisa is returning to KFOG! (She's a phenomenal human being)."

Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: February 27, 2014, 08:41:31 AM »

(One advantage to giving it back to AL however, is that it won't need to ibe produced by committee any longer. She can do the whole thing back to front and not require input from Pugh or Rosalie, or the services of an engineer to assemble it.)

Also, it's been a long while since anyone in radio management has been the least bit sensitive to the talent's feelings.

And to go a little further out on the speculative limb, do you think AL would bring back requests with her? That would be rad(347)!

I sure hope so! I think she would unless the current regime won't allow, it, although I don't see Bill Pugh being too forceful.

She's taking over 10@10, it was just announced on KFOG! :D (Per the GS)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: February 27, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »

I sure hope so! I think she would unless the current regime won't allow, it, although I don't see Bill Pugh being too forceful.

She's taking over 10@10, it was just announced on KFOG! :D (Per the GS)

Like^INF