Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097307 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3180 on: November 12, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
Mr Pugh has not been on the Morning Show the past 2 days, and I haven't heard Gory say that he was "off", "under the weather" or "on vacay".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: November 13, 2013, 10:14:07 AM »
Mr Pugh has not been on the Morning Show the past 2 days, and I haven't heard Gory say that he was "off", "under the weather" or "on vacay".

maybe he's fast asleep because he's been listening to the station. Zzzzzzzz

Hey-O!
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #3182 on: November 14, 2013, 07:42:42 PM »
I am personally sick to fucking death of Gory's anti-government screeds.  He starts off talking today about healthcare, as if that's all there is to talk about in the world, and starts off on this rant about standing in line at the DMV (he doesn't know they take reservations now?) and sarcastically talking about how the government can't do anything right.  It's like that Teabagger protest sign:
Quote from: Teabilly
Government: Keep your hands of my medicare!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:17 PM »
I am personally sick to fucking death of Gory's anti-government screeds.  He starts off talking today about healthcare, as if that's all there is to talk about in the world, and starts off on this rant about standing in line at the DMV (he doesn't know they take reservations now?) and sarcastically talking about how the government can't do anything right.  It's like that Teabagger protest sign:

Yes, it's becoming "FOX & Friends Lite." IO had planned to switch back to K-FOX this week but Annalisa is on vacay.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: November 14, 2013, 09:54:59 PM »

Yep. Had to renew my license on my last birthday. It was remarkably painless.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: November 15, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »
Ehh, anything having to do with the DMV or getting a registration is a complete fail in my experience.  I have made an appointment and still had to wait an hour before.  Also, when I tried to renew my registration this year I had to get a smog check.  It passed, and the mechanic submitted it, and waited months to receive my new registration and nothing except for a "needs smog check" notice.  I mailed another copy of the completed smog check, but another month and still nothing.  I called the DMV office, and, after being on hold for one and a half hours...

they told me the VIN # was off by _ONE_ number.  The mechanic accidentally wrote an 8 instead of a 3, and because of that they made me go back to the mechanic and hook up my car again and get a whole 'nother smog check, despite the fact that the remaining 15 numbers of the VIN and the make and model and license plate were all the same.  I even talked to multiple people at the DMV in both the local (in person and on the phone) and state office (on the phone) and everyone said there was no way to correct it other than going back and getting a new smog check.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: November 15, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
Ehh, anything having to do with the DMV or getting a registration is a complete fail in my experience.  I have made an appointment and still had to wait an hour before.  Also, when I tried to renew my registration this year I had to get a smog check.  It passed, and the mechanic submitted it, and waited months to receive my new registration and nothing except for a "needs smog check" notice.  I mailed another copy of the completed smog check, but another month and still nothing.  I called the DMV office, and, after being on hold for one and a half hours...

they told me the VIN # was off by _ONE_ number.  The mechanic accidentally wrote an 8 instead of a 3, and because of that they made me go back to the mechanic and hook up my car again and get a whole 'nother smog check, despite the fact that the remaining 15 numbers of the VIN and the make and model and license plate were all the same.  I even talked to multiple people at the DMV in both the local (in person and on the phone) and state office (on the phone) and everyone said there was no way to correct it other than going back and getting a new smog check.

hate to say it, but that's not DMV's fault.  I know, I know, it sucks, and the state is squeezing revenue out of drivers with all these fees, etc.   Mechanic dude messed things up, and that sucks.  I hope they didn't charge you for the second smog, since it was their fault.
~CPL593H~

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: November 15, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »
It does piss me off when people, like Gory, overgeneralize things. "Guvinment sux"... well, could you be a bit more specific than that?

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: November 15, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
It does piss me off when people, like Gory, overgeneralize things. "Guvinment sux"... well, could you be a bit more specific than that?

That's true, he does get repetitive and fluffy.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: November 15, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »

hate to say it, but that's not DMV's fault.  I know, I know, it sucks, and the state is squeezing revenue out of drivers with all these fees, etc.   Mechanic dude messed things up, and that sucks.  I hope they didn't charge you for the second smog, since it was their fault.

The mechanic was responsible for one human error (and yes, thankfully he didn't charge me for the second smog).  The DMV was responsible for months of lack of communication, an hour and a half wait time, and being unwilling to fix something that was in their power to that was already paid for when clearly it was the correct car.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:34:05 PM by radical347 »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: November 18, 2013, 07:39:09 AM »

Greg actually said today -- for the first time that I've heard -- that Bill is "off" and will be back "soon".  But seriously, does anyone miss him?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: December 02, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »

Greg actually said today -- for the first time that I've heard -- that Bill is "off" and will be back "soon".  But seriously, does anyone miss him?

happened to tune in today and Mr Pugh was back -- didn't seem to be any explanation of where he was for a month. Are folks supposed to pretend he never left?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: December 12, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »
Mr Pugh is "in meetings all day" with the big Cumulus muckety-mucks who are in town. ("The bosses of the bosses", Gory said) Be afraid.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: December 15, 2013, 09:50:23 PM »
Friday's connected theme was "Goodbye" and Renee's doing a week full of "my favorite 10@10s from the past year"...could these be clues?  :-\

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 16, 2013, 07:52:59 AM »
Friday's connected theme was "Goodbye" and Renee's doing a week full of "my favorite 10@10s from the past year"...could these be clues?  :-\

Well, I listened to snippets during my drive this morning... an obnoxious commercial here, a few seconds of "In Your Eyes" there.... in other words I learned nothing.