Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097366 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3120 on: July 29, 2013, 10:01:20 AM »
Someone on the KFOG FB page was complaining about that "Events & Adventures" commercial, which runs incessantly.  I feel her pain.

that was me.  I wanna punch that guy.

He sounds like such a dork -- a millionaire dork. Feh.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: July 29, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
Someone on the KFOG FB page was complaining about that "Events & Adventures" commercial, which runs incessantly.  I feel her pain.

Ugh.  It's among a small group of commercials that make me get out of my chair and switch
to something else immediately.

"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »

that was me.  I wanna punch that guy.

He sounds like such a dork -- a millionaire dork. Feh.

There is big money to be made from the lonely...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: July 31, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
That commercial needs to go.

KFOG sounds like it's starting to skew back to slightly newer.  The 90s (and 00s) sets have returned to 10 at 10, and we have the new songs by Franz Ferdinand and Beck in rotation.  Are they trying to out-alternative Live 105 again?  It could have worked if, by the end they hadn't been so blatant about ripping them off, esp. to the point of sounding like a train wreck (i.e. Capital Cities next to Bonnie Raitt.)  What they should do IMO, and what DC did do for his first few months, is add songs by alternative but lighter acts (i.e. Belle & Sebastian, Noah & the Whale, Fleet Foxes, The National.)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: July 31, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

KFOG sounds like it's starting to skew back to slightly newer.  The 90s (and 00s) sets have returned to 10 at 10, and we have the new songs by Franz Ferdinand and Beck in rotation.  Are they trying to out-alternative Live 105 again?  It could have worked if, by the end they hadn't been so blatant about ripping them off, esp. to the point of sounding like a train wreck (i.e. Capital Cities next to Bonnie Raitt.)  What they should do IMO, and what DC did do for his first few months, is add songs by alternative but lighter acts (i.e. Belle & Sebastian, Noah & the Whale, Fleet Foxes, The National.)

I think your idea is a good one but honestly? I don't think they know what they're doing.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: August 01, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »

I think your idea is a good one but honestly? I don't think they know what they're doing.

I heard Echo/B'men "Killing Moon" this morning around 6. That was a nice treat.

But please, KFOG, you shouldn't play the "New Releases Thursday" sounder and then follow it with DMB's "Ants Marching" for the 18th time this week. Oy.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:19:51 AM by RGMike »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: August 01, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »

I heard Echo/B'men "Killing Moon" this morning around 6. That was a nice treat.

But please, KFOG, you shouldn't play the "New Releases Thursday" sounder and then follow it with DMB's "Ants Marching" for the 18th time this week. Oy.

yeah, heard that DMB segue, too.   oy. 

I thought I missed the very start of 10at10 and Chris Isaak's Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing was part of it, but it turns out that it was just a lucky coincidence that they played a song from 1995 right before a 1995 10at10. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:20:18 AM by RGMike »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: August 02, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »
Harry Connick Jr on the morning show next week? Performing? uh... why?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: August 02, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »

Because his publicist is a hell of a salesman?
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: August 05, 2013, 05:54:54 AM »
Luke Crampton's "Lost And Found" did not air last night. Checked KFOG's homepage, and the schedule excludes the show, although it still has a link on the homepage.  >:(

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: August 05, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »
Luke Crampton's "Lost And Found" did not air last night. Checked KFOG's homepage, and the schedule excludes the show, although it still has a link on the homepage.  >:(

hrm.  I didn't listen often (I'm elsewhere at that hour) but I think it's a fine show -- it's one that DC brought to the station, so I'm guessing the contract was up and Pugh decided not to renew.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 05, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
Always nice to hear them play James' orig of "Laid" rather than the remake.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: August 05, 2013, 04:12:17 PM »

hrm.  I didn't listen often (I'm elsewhere at that hour) but I think it's a fine show -- it's one that DC brought to the station, so I'm guessing the contract was up and Pugh decided not to renew.

aw man, that sucks if true.   I might spend some time listening here:  http://www.lostandfoundradio.com/
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 07, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »

Because his publicist is a hell of a salesman?

I'm digging the interview, actually, and I like his stuff when I'm in that kinda mood. But I'm guessing this samba-ish track they're playing right now has had a lot of Fogheads changing the station.  ;)

Gory clearly finds him hella sexy but is trying not to drool too much.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 07, 2013, 09:48:21 AM »
"KFOG: Musical discovery, every day" -- yeah, esp if you've just arrived from Mars and have never heard "Sweet Dreams" before.