Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097308 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3105 on: July 16, 2013, 10:04:58 AM »
So, Gory is apparently the "star" of the morning show now and Mr Pugh is the sidekick. Makes sense, since Pugh is personality-free.

So you're implying that Gory has one?

LOL.  Compared to Pugh, Gory is Dr. Don Rose.

Been listening for the last 45 min. or so, but thanks to a succession of phone calls and other interruptions, I haven't yet actually heard him -- or GG. (Perhaps I should be thankful.)

I think Pugh, as PD, gets to bail after 9:00.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: July 16, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
So, Gory is apparently the "star" of the morning show now and Mr Pugh is the sidekick. Makes sense, since Pugh is personality-free.

So you're implying that Gory has one?

LOL.  Compared to Pugh, Gory is Dr. Don Rose.

Been listening for the last 45 min. or so, but thanks to a succession of phone calls and other interruptions, I haven't yet actually heard him -- or GG. (Perhaps I should be thankful.)

I think Pugh, as PD, gets to bail after 9:00.

Guess that makes sense. I was wondering how he was going to juggle being PD for two stations with being the morning drive jock on one of them. He must not need a lot of sleep.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 17, 2013, 09:52:08 AM »
This isn't exactly a news flash, but gah-DAMN, all these Of Mumford and Men Magnetic Lumineers bands sound alike. Their songs could have all been written by the same person. (Is there maybe some neo-folkie Diane Warren hack, holed up in a studio somewhere cranking out soundalike songs for these clones?)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: July 18, 2013, 08:28:42 AM »
As snoozy and boring as KFOG has been lately, I must say today's New Releases picks were quite good IMHO: new Franz Ferdinand, Travis and Jamie Commons (?).

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:52 PM »
As snoozy and boring as KFOG has been lately, I must say today's New Releases picks were quite good IMHO: new Franz Ferdinand, Travis and Jamie Commons (?).

I don't listen much, but happened to hear those as well. They were good!  And the little I heard of Bill Pugh was fine. He didn't seem ancient -- isn't he like 70 or something?  egads!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: July 18, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »

I don't listen much, but happened to hear those as well. They were good!  And the little I heard of Bill Pugh was fine. He didn't seem ancient -- isn't he like 70 or something?  egads!

aren't you thinking of DC, who was in his late '60s?  Pugh sounds pretty vanilla-to-the-point-of-flavorless to me.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: July 18, 2013, 04:37:57 PM »

aren't you thinking of DC, who was in his late '60s?  Pugh sounds pretty vanilla-to-the-point-of-flavorless to me.

you know, I'm not even sure who I heard today, it was on in the background mostly.  I heard Greg Gory interviewing Gregg Proops at one point, and then a little later they did New Release Thursday, and I *think* there was another voice in there, and I assumed it was Bill Pugh whom I thought was old (yes, I know DC is older, too).

It did seem like Greg Gory was certainly driving the chatter, I heard his voice more than the other one.  But I feel that you're on to something  there, nothing really jumped out at me from the other voice -- as in, I cannot remember what it sounded like, or what was said. 
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #3112 on: July 21, 2013, 07:36:39 AM »
They're playing Fred Neil's "The Dolphins" right now!

[later:  I know it was Acoustic Sunrise, but I was still surprised to hear it!]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:37:35 AM by ggould »
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: July 23, 2013, 09:27:56 AM »
Nice to hear "Recovery" just now -- glad it's back in rotay after having disappeared for a while. It *is* either #1 or #2 in Triple-A airplay, depending on the chart you're looking at.

OTOH: They surely play "You Get What You Give" 87 times a week.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:39:19 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: July 25, 2013, 08:15:23 AM »
another reason to dislike Renee: she thinks Kings of Leon "can do no wrong".

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: July 25, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »

To be fair, it's not entirely their fault that "Use Somebody" got about 5 million spins. But ya know, everybody can do wrong at some point, and KOL is certainly not immune.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: July 25, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »

To be fair, it's not entirely their fault that "Use Somebody" got about 5 million spins. But ya know, everybody can do wrong at some point, and KOL is certainly not immune.

unlike last week, when i was impressed by the New Releases, today I didn't much care for the KOL or the new Michael Franti, which sounds like every other Michael Franti.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: July 25, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
That new Mayer Hawthorne sounds kinda Steely Dan and/or McDoobs-ish.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: July 29, 2013, 08:19:05 AM »
Someone on the KFOG FB page was complaining about that "Events & Adventures" commercial, which runs incessantly.  I feel her pain.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: July 29, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »
Someone on the KFOG FB page was complaining about that "Events & Adventures" commercial, which runs incessantly.  I feel her pain.

that was me.  I wanna punch that guy. 
~CPL593H~