Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097274 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2970 on: January 18, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
The "Now Playing" widget in the upper-left corner of the KFOG website STILL doesn't work, nearly 2 months after the re-design.  And the revolving screen with the 5 diff ads/promos is flashing "Happy Holidays".  Srsly?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: February 06, 2013, 09:53:02 AM »
Is it me or are they playing "She Talks to Angels" a LOT lately?

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: February 06, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »
Is it me or are they playing "She Talks to Angels" a LOT lately?

I hadn't noticed and it is a favorite of mine, so i hope so.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2973 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
The "Now Playing" widget in the upper-left corner of the KFOG website STILL doesn't work, nearly 2 months after the re-design.  And the revolving screen with the 5 diff ads/promos is flashing "Happy Holidays".  Srsly?
the iPhone app works, the in-car tuners work.  How hard is it to make their web site work?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: February 07, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »
the iPhone app works, the in-car tuners work.  How hard is it to make their web site work?

TANC: it is (finally) working this morning.  only took, what? 3 months?

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: February 11, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
A little while ago they played "Belly of the Whale" by Burning Sensation.  I can't remember the last time I heard that outside of a 10 @ 10.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: February 22, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »
Write a song called "San Francisco", get featured on KFOG. Well played, Mowgli's, whoever you are.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: February 28, 2013, 10:01:34 AM »
Meanwhile, this new Train song, "Bruises", sounds like they're trying to cross over to Hot New Young Country. Of course, you could say the same about Mumford, Lumineers, et al.

Perhaps that's Cumulus' grand plan--to merge AAA and Hot Country formats? Ya think?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: February 28, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
Meanwhile, this new Train song, "Bruises", sounds like they're trying to cross over to Hot New Young Country. Of course, you could say the same about Mumford, Lumineers, et al.

more likely Pat "musical manwhore" Monahan is jumping on the Mumford bandwagon.  I like the Mumfords but the 87 bands trying to sound just like them get to be a bit much. What on earth is "alternative" about banjos and mandolins? Especially when EVERYBODY is using them. The Mumford/Avett Sons/Brothers Head and Heartineers. Sheesh.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: March 05, 2013, 09:28:25 AM »

more likely Pat "musical manwhore" Monahan is jumping on the Mumford bandwagon.  I like the Mumfords but the 87 bands trying to sound just like them get to be a bit much. What on earth is "alternative" about banjos and mandolins? Especially when EVERYBODY is using them. The Mumford/Avett Sons/Brothers Head and Heartineers. Sheesh.

Groups of singers all singing in unison seems to be on the rise too (Youngblood Hawke, Fun., probably others). The Polyphonic Spree was just a decade ahead of their time.

Let's get right to it.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »
So, has anyone entered the KFOG contest for an eight-day getaway to an unknown (presumably exotic) locale with your DJ pal, Renee? I hope DW wins.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:23 PM »
So, has anyone entered the KFOG contest for an eight-day getaway to an unknown (presumably exotic) locale with your DJ pal, Renee? I hope DW wins.

Bwahaha! that would be hilarious.  Someone on FB noted that Renee has changed her Twitter handle from KFOGRenee to Renadio -- WTF?

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »

I thought they announced the winner... to Brussels. With Renee?  ???

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »

Different contest I think. I did not realize Renee was going to be the chaperone for both--maybe it's a good excuse to get her out of the office for a week at a time?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: March 06, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »

Different contest I think. I did not realize Renee was going to be the chaperone for both--maybe it's a good excuse to get her out of the office for a week at a time?

I look forward to Rosalie's 10@10s when these trips occur.