Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097417 times)

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2865 on: July 09, 2012, 12:41:13 AM »
Interesting read about the new morning show:  http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/KFOG-rebuilds-show-after-Fogheads-slam-anchor-3686371.php

Re: Irish Greg and Webster's departures:
"I loved Webster and Irish Greg, too," Constantine said. "Both of them came to me at different points and said they were having a hard time with the show. Particularly Webster, who wasn't used to the morning hours, and it was affecting his overall well-being."

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: July 09, 2012, 12:44:07 AM »
The article got me to wondering whether Webster and Greg landed on their feet.  So far Webster's LinkedIn doesn't show anything new, but Greg does have a new gig:
Producer, Don Bleu Show, KOSF 103.7
Clear Channel Radio
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CCU; Broadcast Media industry
July 2012 – Present (1 month) San Francisco Bay Area

Clear Channel?  Don Bleu?  Ooof, may god have mercy on his soul.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=35063250&pid=23822523&authType=name&authToken=OplI&trk=pbmap

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: July 09, 2012, 12:53:39 AM »
It'd be funny if Tim Goodman started doing his TV reports on KKSF though.  (Wait, they changed their call letters to KOSF?)

Man, I kinda remember liking KKSF when it first started.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: July 09, 2012, 07:39:18 AM »
It'd be funny if Tim Goodman started doing his TV reports on KKSF though.  (Wait, they changed their call letters to KOSF?)

Man, I kinda remember liking KKSF when it first started.

yeah, KOSF is supposed to stand for "Oldies San Francisco" or something.  The KKSF calls were moved to 910 AM which used to be KNEW.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: July 11, 2012, 07:49:21 AM »
June ratings out -- KFOG remains stable at a 2.6. I'm surprised the morning fiasco didn't make them take a hit-- at least a couple of tenths-of-a-point downward woulda made sense. Odd.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: July 11, 2012, 09:09:21 AM »
June ratings out -- KFOG remains stable at a 2.6. I'm surprised the morning fiasco didn't make them take a hit-- at least a couple of tenths-of-a-point downward woulda made sense. Odd.

That might be an indication of how well the morining show was doing prior to the fiasco.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: July 11, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »
"it started with a wheesper
and then I grabbed her keester"

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: July 18, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »
DC, after playing the new Alex Clare song:

"He's, uhh, a British singer-songwriter, from, uhh, England."

???.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: July 20, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »
Played at ~9:40 last night, 3 Doors Down's "Kryptonite". I recall in Y2K wondering why KFOG wouldn't touch it then.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: July 20, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »
I just heard him! He's playing just the vocal tracks of some Motown hits. Aw man, sweet.

I tuned in but heard no real voice, but it must have been his show, b/c I heard Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher. That's like his all-time favorite song.

I also heard Michael Penn No Myth and the Cars' Magic. Pretty common stuff.   Plus every ten minutes a 30-second ad takes over the stream, right in the middle of the song.  I don't think I'll be back anytime soon, unless I hear about a show that plays some really different.

DUDE! MC5, "Back in the USA"! " '69 American terminal stasis. The air's so thick it's like breathin' in molasses." Followed by Bowie, "Win".

But if you click that "go to the new USTREAM" tab it takes you to a stream that appears to be commercial-free.

Hey, do you have a link for this new USTREAM?  I'd love to go ad-free.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: July 20, 2012, 12:39:46 PM »
I just heard him! He's playing just the vocal tracks of some Motown hits. Aw man, sweet.

I tuned in but heard no real voice, but it must have been his show, b/c I heard Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher. That's like his all-time favorite song.

I also heard Michael Penn No Myth and the Cars' Magic. Pretty common stuff.   Plus every ten minutes a 30-second ad takes over the stream, right in the middle of the song.  I don't think I'll be back anytime soon, unless I hear about a show that plays some really different.

DUDE! MC5, "Back in the USA"! " '69 American terminal stasis. The air's so thick it's like breathin' in molasses." Followed by Bowie, "Win".

But if you click that "go to the new USTREAM" tab it takes you to a stream that appears to be commercial-free.

Hey, do you have a link for this new USTREAM?  I'd love to go ad-free.

I don't see that tab there any more. Just tuned in -- Jonathan Richman, "Here Come the Martian Martians". Followed by John Prine -- "oh my stars, Melinda's gone to Mars". Cute.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:42:01 PM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: July 20, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: July 26, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: July 26, 2012, 11:46:33 AM »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: July 26, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »
SFGate catches up with M.Dung. Ay-waaay, or something.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Ex-DJ-M-Dung-plugging-aaywaay-on-podcast-3735480.php

you might dig his podcasts:

http://www.idiotshow.net/

I know you expect nothing less from a Crankypants like me, but I don't quite get his appeal. His tenure at KFOG was before my time, more or less, but I remember the month that I arrived in SF, the Bammies (remember them?) were being broadcast live and he was there, interviewing people backstage and whatnot. And it seemed like Every. Other. Word was "Oh-DAY!!" and "ay-WAYY!" and I'm sitting there going "whothefuck is this MORON??" He truly came across (to the un-initiated, at least) as brain-damaged. No wonder he did "The Idiot Show".   But people really liked that schtick, I guess.