Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097413 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2550 on: December 11, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »
So over this Mayer Hawthorne song.  Fo real, though.

Yeah, me too.  It's pissing me off.  He can take his song's long legs and walk them right off of KFOG.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: December 11, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »

Yeah, me too.  It's pissing me off.  He can take his song's long legs and walk them right off of KFOG.

you've got a s---ty f---in' attitude, radical (OK, you knew that was coming).
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: December 11, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »

Wow, I sure walked right into that one.   :P

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:34 PM »

RG's shaped like an hourglass, but his time is up.....   :P  ;)  :o

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: December 11, 2011, 07:43:57 PM »

RG's shaped like an hourglass, but his time is up.....   :P  ;)  :o
Despite the swearing, I like the song, but Kfog does play it like every two hours.  That's enough to kill the joy for most people.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »
This week's "news" auditioner, Melody Walker? Melanie Walker? is IMHO not very good and she's really overdo-ing the bleeding-heart Bay Area liberal bit -- near;y every story she does seems to have that angle to it.  Because she  thinks that's what the audience wants?  Talk about yer cultural stereotype.

Plus she's from Minneapolis and has been mis-pronouncing local city and street names up the wazoo.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2556 on: December 15, 2011, 11:00:25 PM »
This week's "news" auditioner, Melody Walker? Melanie Walker? is IMHO not very good and she's really overdo-ing the bleeding-heart Bay Area liberal bit -- near;y every story she does seems to have that angle to it.  Because she  thinks that's what the audience wants?  Talk about yer cultural stereotype.

Plus she's from Minneapolis and has been mis-pronouncing local city and street names up the wazoo.
I do agree she's overdoing it, but it made me realize how little Peter used to put his heart into the news.  He was basically reading the morning Chronicle, while I was also reading it eating breakfast.  She is at least bringing some passion.  Webster shuts her down pretty quickly though.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: December 15, 2011, 11:16:57 PM »
She sounds like she's stumbling over words and is trying to act peppy but hasn't had her morning coffee.  I don't like listening to her.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: December 15, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »
OMG...Dred is playing Poe "Angry Johnny"!!!!!  :o :o :o

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: December 16, 2011, 06:19:03 AM »
I went to college with "Poe" (Annie Danielewski). I was supposed to play guitar with her (I was talked up by some mutual friends), but that never happened.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: December 16, 2011, 07:38:38 AM »

I do agree she's overdoing it, but it made me realize how little Peter used to put his heart into the news.  He was basically reading the morning Chronicle, while I was also reading it eating breakfast.  She is at least bringing some passion.  Webster shuts her down pretty quickly though.

Well, Peter was a real NEWS guy, and he felt (correctly) that he was supposed to be objective. His "heart" came out in other ways, like when he talked about his theater stuff.  It's clear (if you've heard the promos on KFOG for KGO, "your news & information station") that this new "news lite" direction is another corporate-synergy thing --now that Cumulus owns other stations besides KNBR & the Bone, there's more "let's keep our stations from stepping on each others' demos" nonsense to deal with.   I can't help feeling that Peter has been sold a bill-of-goods with his transfer to KGO. More than one conspiracy theorist has suggested that the KGO format tweak was an excuse to unload a lot of high-priced talent... and when the ratings for all-news are disappointing (KCBS and KQED are the kings there) they'll fire the news folks and run syndicated talk (your Glenn Becks, etc).

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: December 16, 2011, 09:04:02 AM »

Also, Staind's "It's Been Awhile" seems to have entered KFOG's regular rotation.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: December 19, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »
Live/Archives 18 is officially sold-out.  Is this the longest it's ever taken for that to happen? or do they make more of them than they used to?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: December 19, 2011, 12:36:42 PM »
And this week's morning show newsvictim is.... "Cat", another veteran of Live 105.  Didn't hear that much of her today but what I did hear made me think she's one of the better choices so far -- she sounded like a smarter, snarkier (yet somehow less annoying) Renee.  Time will tell about the"less annoying" part, I suppose.

I like Greg Gory too but I'm guessing that if Renee has really been reassigned to afternoons-only, they'll go with a woman for their traffic/non-news newsperson.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: December 19, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
Was thrilled to hear Cat on the radio this morning.  She was my favorite Live 105 DJ and I was disappointed when she got canned.  She's about 10000 steps up from last week's.