Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097412 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2535 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
This week's Peter Finch substitute is none other than former Live 105-er Greg Gory. It was because of him that Greg McQuaid became "Irish Greg" -- Alex Bennett needed a  way to differentiate between the 2 Gregs.

I have to say I'm liking this guy a lot more than last week's fill-in, Jenn Lee.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2536 on: December 06, 2011, 10:17:42 AM »
This week's Peter Finch substitute is none other than former Live 105-er Greg Gory. It was because of him that Greg McQuaid became "Irish Greg" -- Alex Bennett needed a  way to differentiate between the 2 Gregs.

I have to say I'm liking this guy a lot more than last week's fill-in, Jenn Lee.
And I like him less.  I didn't like Jenn either.  Hard to believe I'd miss Renee
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:33 AM »
I was really upset about their discussion of the Post Office this morning.  Apparently, nobody does any homework, and doesn't know why the PO is in trouble.  They are  being killed by Congress, who saddles them with a requirement to fully fund 75 years of pensions!  Nobody else has to do that!  We are headed for a no PO world if this privatization push doesn't stop.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 06, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »
I was really upset about their discussion of the Post Office this morning.  Apparently, nobody does any homework, and doesn't know why the PO is in trouble.  They are  being killed by Congress, who saddles them with a requirement to fully fund 75 years of pensions!  Nobody else has to do that!  We are headed for a no PO world if this privatization push doesn't stop.

Which is really going to screw the people with no internet access. But the teabaggers aren't concerned about that.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 06, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »

Which is really going to screw the people with no internet access. But the teabaggers aren't concerned about that.
It's all troublesome. There's no easy solution that all parties involved would buy into. It actually would be easy to fix but no one has authority to make grand, sweeping deciisions to change the course the PO is on.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: December 06, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »

It's all troublesome. There's no easy solution that all parties involved would buy into. It actually would be easy to fix but no one has authority to make grand, sweeping deciisions to change the course the PO is on.
It's not that hard to do, if you want to save the PO.  The point is that they (privatization crazies) want us to go to UPS or FedEx to send a letter.  The PO is doing fine, except for this onerous requirement.  That's all there is to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 07, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »

And I like him less.  I didn't like Jenn either.  Hard to believe I'd miss Renee

I thought Renee was annoying in the morning, but I like her much better in the afternoons.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: December 07, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »

I thought Renee was annoying in the morning, but I like her much better in the afternoons.
Well, she's in her Live 105 element in the afternoon!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »

Well, she's in her Live 105 element in the afternoon!

I recall Greg Gory back when he was the Live 105 morning board op -- he did the local inserts during the Howard Stern show.  He never really had that much to do, time & temperature, etc, but I liked his voice.  And he seemed smart.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:33:45 AM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: December 08, 2011, 07:44:41 AM »
LOL of the day: they ran that "Today's KFOG! it sounds like... THIS!" bumper and follwoed it with Madness, "Our House"  ::)  Funny... *yesterday's* KFOG sounded like that too.

In the 6:00 hour I heard both the Wilburys AND lousy '80s Crapton -- just when you thought it was safe...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 09, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
So over this Mayer Hawthorne song.  Fo real, though.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: December 09, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »
But everyone loves that song!
Slipping into something
And out of something else

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 09, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »
But everyone loves that song!

he's the new Matt Nathanson!  5 times a day, and still no Raphael Saddiq

and TANC: the Boardwalk just played Grayson Hugh's "talk it Over" which is very much in the same bag as "The Walk" -- gotta convince AL to play it in the next '89 excursion.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:51:05 AM by RGMike »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: December 10, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
Stumble outta bed, flip on the radio, and Rosalie is playing Jerry's "The Wheel", and I think "nice".... then she follows it wioh "Hey 'ho Blister" and I instantly flip to Oldies 103.7 which is playing... "Hey Jude".  ::)

ETA: 2 mins later, 103.7 is playing "Sweet Home Alabummer" and KFOG is spinning INXS. Lawd, radio sucks.

the animated emoticons are not animated this morning -- WTF?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:27:10 AM by RGMike »

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: December 10, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
Stumble outta bed, flip on the radio, and Rosalie is playing Jerry's "The Wheel", and I think "nice".... then she follows it wioh "Hey 'ho Blister" and I instantly flip to Oldies 103.7 which is playing... "Hey Jude".  ::)

ETA: 2 mins later, 103.7 is playing "Sweet Home Alabummer" and KFOG is spinning INXS. Lawd, radio sucks.

the animated emoticons are not animated this morning -- WTF?
No Casey Kasem AT40 on? Still loving Sirius XM in my car. Need to get it in the house.
Sharks bleed teal.