Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097336 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2460 on: October 24, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
Re: LFTA

I heard the tail end of a promo that mentioned they'd be giving away copies of LFTA before they hit Peets, by being caller 10 when you hear a track off of the new album. Presumably they'll be introducing it with a sounder or somesuch, because how else would you know it's from the new album?

It probably won't be too difficult even without a sounder.  A live version (usually) doesn't sound too much different than the studio version...and they usually don't throw in too many live tracks into the mix anyway.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: October 25, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »
Yet another similarity between KFOG & The Peak: the Peak has a feature caled The Kopy Kat Kut -- similar to AL's "Cloud Cover".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: October 27, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
Woke up at 5:30 (just before the 'quake) to Moby's "Natural Blues" -- I thought Webster was playing Nina Simone and went "Huh?"

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: October 27, 2011, 01:53:37 PM »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: October 27, 2011, 02:08:04 PM »
KFOG is not the only Triple A station where "It's Different Here":

http://www.kmtt.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WDMT
http://www.kleinman.com/geoff/music/knrk-its-absolutely-not-different-here/ (Alt/AAA hybrid)

exactly. Which is why I LOL whenever DC says they're not using consultants. As I've said before, The Peak (which is still using "World Class Rock" as their main slogan) has features nearly identical to KFOG's "Connected" and "Cloud Cover", and of course they do 10@10 too. The idea that stations are coming up with these things independently of each other is just crazy.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: October 28, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »
Just heard Amy Winehouse's "Love is a Losing Game" (the song that, at long last, finally got me to buy Back in Black) on 1340 and realized that after a brief flurry the week she died, KFOG really doesn't play a lot of Amy W (compared to Adele or even Duffy's "Mercy"). One would think the demo they're aiming for would love more Amy, no?

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: October 28, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »
Just heard Amy Winehouse's "Love is a Losing Game" (the song that, at long last, finally got me to buy Back in Black) on 1340 and realized that after a brief flurry the week she died, KFOG really doesn't play a lot of Amy W (compared to Adele or even Duffy's "Mercy"). One would think the demo they're aiming for would love more Amy, no?
Musically, spot on...but lyrically, too ghetto for KFOG.  What f--kery!   

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: October 28, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
OK, if I hear that "KFOG plays *that*??" sounder one more time I will go postal.  They're been totally overdoing it this morning.

Meanwhile, will they be doing any actual advertising (MUNI & BART ads or even TV spots) to get the word out? I'm thinking they've got to sooner or later; 20-somethings don't exactly gush to each other about radio stations (radio? what's THAT??).

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: October 28, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »
LFTA
AL will be at Peets Palo Alto on Nov 5. Which Peets? There are 4 in Palo Alto. Anyone want to meet me there?
Sharks bleed teal.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
Alicat, I'm just a couple of towns north of PA. What time on Nov. 5? And, since I've just heard of this appearance, I've no idea which Peets it would be.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: October 28, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »

When DC first took over I swear they played "You Know I'm No Good" every day for a few months, but that seems to have died down (no pun intended :P ).

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 28, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
I'm not familiar with this DJ, or the Petty song, but disturbing nonetheless:

(From SPIN Magazine's FB Wall)
Sad news: Cumulus Media laid off the man who inspired Tom Petty's "The Last DJ" + many more radio staffers this week...

http://www.spin.com/articles/your-dj-aint-no-dj-he-just-got-laid?utm_source=spinfacebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spinfacebook

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2472 on: October 28, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »
I don't listen that often, but I've heard "You Know I'm No Good" several times, to the point it seemed like it was their pick as to what her legacy hit would be.  Probably just randomness on my part.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »

Sad news: Cumulus Media laid off the man who inspired Tom Petty's "The Last DJ" + many more radio staffers this week...

http://www.spin.com/articles/your-dj-aint-no-dj-he-just-got-laid?utm_source=spinfacebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spinfacebook

Anyone know how many bay area Citadel/Cumulus staffers got the boot? Any airstaff?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 29, 2011, 09:26:29 AM »

Anyone know how many bay area Citadel/Cumulus staffers got the boot? Any airstaff?

KGO & KSFO management types, for a start:

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?topic=199588.0