Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097297 times)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2430 on: October 18, 2011, 08:13:56 PM »
Dred sez: Sometimes you've just gotta go. So tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... LEAVING

Suggest your favorite leaving-related songs; you could win tickets to see Keb Mo' at the Regency Ballroom in SF on December 1st.

countdown to brain-dead Foghead suggesting "If You Leave" in 3...2..

Think he'd play "Leaving on Your Mind" by Patsy Cline?

According to http://www.songfacts.com/category-songs_about_leaving_the_past_behind.php this could be your chance to request "Believe" by Cher!
Wowzers.  Rare New Order - "Leave Me Alone".  Power, Lies and Corruption is such a fabulous album.  Kudos to whoever chose this track!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: October 18, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »
Dred is currently playing "Cry For Love" by Iggy Pop.  I've noticed a bunch of these types of during his show.  I wonder if these are actually part of the playlist or if DC is letting Dred pick a few tracks, in addition to connected.

Btw, still getting used to the nasally DC sweepers & hourly promos.  I know they couldn't use Dave's forever, but still...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: October 19, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »
Dred is currently playing "Cry For Love" by Iggy Pop.  I've noticed a bunch of these types of during his show.  I wonder if these are actually part of the playlist or if DC is letting Dred pick a few tracks, in addition to connected.

Btw, still getting used to the nasally DC sweepers & hourly promos.  I know they couldn't use Dave's forever, but still...

that wasn't Dave that was "Mr Announcer Guy" (dunno his name, but he's been their promo voicer for ages). He's still heard here and there but they clearly want a "young" sound on their positioners. The new one I'm hearing a lot is (at end of song) "KFOG plays that? Yup, and this too:" (next song begins).

ETA: and TANC: "Mr Announcer Guy" has just been replaced on 10@10!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:06:01 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: October 19, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »
Granted, it's not Feist's fault that there are 17 other women who sound just like her (and that most of 'em are also played on Triple-A), but this "How Come You never Go There" song is quite boring.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:24:03 PM by RGMike »

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:55 PM »
Granted, it's not Feist's fault that there are 17 other women who sound just like her (and that most of 'em are also played on Triple-A), but this "How Come You never Go There" song is quite boring.
I loves me some Leslie Feist, but yeah, that song doesn't exactly scream single.  Sounds like a decent album track.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:24:20 PM by RGMike »

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 19, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
that wasn't Dave that was "Mr Announcer Guy" (dunno his name, but he's been their promo voicer for ages). He's still heard here and there but they clearly want a "young" sound on their positioners. The new one I'm hearing a lot is (at end of song) "KFOG plays that? Yup, and this too:" (next song begins).
Always wondered who that staff announcer is/was?  Perhaps a network staff announcer based outside SF?

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: October 19, 2011, 02:27:29 PM »
Between you and me and the lampost, and my laptop, if I hear Mumford and Sons one more time I'm going to go postal. They're like the Dave Matthews Band on Sanka.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: October 19, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »
Always wondered who that staff announcer is/was?  Perhaps a network staff announcer based outside SF?

I hear him occasionally on local TV spots too (car dealers and the like).

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »
Between you and me and the lampost, and my laptop, if I hear Mumford and Sons one more time I'm going to go postal. They're like the Dave Matthews Band on Sanka.

Bite your tongue (again!)  Sanka very much.   :P

Here's tonight's Connected theme (for Keb Mo tix):  Dred sez: It's a little too funky in here, and we've got to let some out. So tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... FUNKY

I'd suggest "Brass Monkey", but I don't really have a desire to see Keb Mo...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:46:52 PM by sundaygal »

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: October 19, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »

Here's tonight's Connected theme (for Keb Mo tix):  Dred sez: It's a little too funky in here, and we've got to let some out. So tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... FUNKY

Ohio Players (feat Granny), "Funky Worm". or Toots, "Funky Kingston".

as to Mumford & Sons: agreed. Roll away your little lion stone already!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: October 19, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »

I stand corrected.  The "KFOG plays that/this" ones aren't bad.  But two that really grate are "the world famous KFOG...but don't ask some guy in Cambodia...because he might not know" and "KFOG...Live and Local...because if I wasn't live, I'd be...never mind."

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: October 19, 2011, 10:06:21 PM »

Here's what was played:

"Funky Town," Pseudo Echo
"Funky Broadway," Wilson Pickett
"Funky Western Civilization," Tonio K

Sandra from AL's FB page was tonight's winner.  I'm guessing she did not select song #3.   ;)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »

Here's what was played:

"Funky Town," Pseudo Echo
"Funky Broadway," Wilson Pickett
"Funky Western Civilization," Tonio K

Sandra from AL's FB page was tonight's winner.  I'm guessing she did not select song #3.   ;)

wow, ah LURVES me some Tonio K -- doubt we'll ever get AL to play "I'm Supposed to Have Sex With You".

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: October 20, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »
gee, Matt Nathanson on KFOG -- how unusual.  ;)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: October 20, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »
Stay AWAY from the Bridge Benefit this weekend. Dave M. and Mumford will perform. Oy.
Sharks bleed teal.