Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097289 times)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #2355 on: October 05, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Dred's "Connected" connection tonight is "feel the burn" (for Bryan Ferry tickets).  

thanks, I sent him a couple suggestions.... fingers crossed!

He just posted on FB, after a bunch of "fire" related suggestions, that he is looking specifically for "burn-type songs" tonight.  FYI and best of luck to ya!  Posted a couple of suggestions on the KFOG page, myself...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:33:09 PM by sundaygal »

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 05, 2011, 08:15:04 PM »
Congratulations sundaygal!  Just heard your name on the radio!  :)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 05, 2011, 09:18:39 PM »

Thanks Rad!  (Sorry TC)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 06, 2011, 08:37:55 AM »

Thanks Rad!  (Sorry TC)

wow, awesome!  congrats!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 06, 2011, 08:59:12 AM »

Thanks Rad!  (Sorry TC)

wow, awesome!  congrats!

Woo Hoo!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 06, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »
I notice that they're suddenly running promos for KNBR -- somebody's worried about 95.7 The Game?

And I loved the Foghead emails telling Peter to stop calling Occupy Wall Street an "anti-capitalism" protest. He finally relented and agreed not to call it that.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 06, 2011, 11:45:55 AM »

And I loved the Foghead emails telling Peter to stop calling Occupy Wall Street an "anti-capitalism" protest. He finally relented and agreed not to call it that.

reason number 482 why I do not go to KFOG for news or commentary.
~CPL593H~

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 06, 2011, 11:51:25 AM »
Dred's "Connected" connection tonight is "feel the burn" (for Bryan Ferry tickets).  

He just posted on FB, after a bunch of "fire" related suggestions, that he is looking specifically for "burn-type songs" tonight.  FYI and best of luck to ya!  Posted a couple of suggestions on the KFOG page, myself...

so what did the set sound like? 

Their tunegenie feature doesn't log "Connection" sets. I guess the tunegenie doesn't get along with hand-picked music.

I wrote Dred an email that went on about how AWESOME Both Ends Burning was, b/c, you know, Bryan Ferry and all that.   dang, off the mark and not a burn song.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 06, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »

reason number 482 why I do not go to KFOG for news or commentary.

It's been a while since I ragged on Peter, but seriously, it's a rare morning that I don't hear him make some glaring mistake (and I only listen from 5:30 to 7!).  And his new "bubblier" persona (is it my imagination, or is DC telling everyone to smile?) is rather annoying at times.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 06, 2011, 02:45:39 PM »

He just posted on FB, after a bunch of "fire" related suggestions, that he is looking specifically for "burn-type songs" tonight.  FYI and best of luck to ya!  Posted a couple of suggestions on the KFOG page, myself...

Their tunegenie feature doesn't log "Connection" sets. I guess the tunegenie doesn't get along with hand-picked music.

I wrote Dred an email that went on about how AWESOME Both Ends Burning was, b/c, you know, Bryan Ferry and all that.   dang, off the mark and not a burn song.
October 5: Feel the Burn
"Burnin' and Lootin'," Bob Marley & the Wailers
"Burning House of Love," X (my pick)
"Both Ends Burning," Roxy Music

I think he's choosing a Roxy/Ferry song everyday this week to base the connection on (hence the concert tix).  I'll post tonight's connection clue as soon as I hear it.  Good luck to yous guys!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 06, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »
Dred sez: sometimes it feels like the world is coming apart, so tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be...TOGETHERNESS.

Suggest your favorite togetherness-related songs; you could win tickets to see Bryan Ferry(!) at the Fox Theater in Oakland on October 14th. You can leave your suggestions here or via email dredscott@kfog.com okay, get it together!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 06, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »

He just posted on FB, after a bunch of "fire" related suggestions, that he is looking specifically for "burn-type songs" tonight.  FYI and best of luck to ya!  Posted a couple of suggestions on the KFOG page, myself...

I wrote Dred an email that went on about how AWESOME Both Ends Burning was, b/c, you know, Bryan Ferry and all that.   dang, off the mark and not a burn song.
October 5: Feel the Burn
"Burnin' and Lootin'," Bob Marley & the Wailers
"Burning House of Love," X (my pick)
"Both Ends Burning," Roxy Music

I think he's choosing a Roxy/Ferry song everyday this week to base the connection on (hence the concert tix).  I'll post tonight's connection clue as soon as I hear it.  Good luck to yous guys!

I feel a little better knowing that my pick was already on the agenda.  

He's obviously rewarding good judgement, taste and originality.  No wonder you won, SG.  (btw, I think I'm free that night of the concert, whenever it is!  :)   :)   :)
~CPL593H~

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 06, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
Dred sez: sometimes it feels like the world is coming apart, so tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be...TOGETHERNESS.

Suggest your favorite togetherness-related songs; you could win tickets to see Bryan Ferry(!) at the Fox Theater in Oakland on October 14th. You can leave your suggestions here or via email dredscott@kfog.com okay, get it together!

I see that someone chose the obvious again before I could:

What about Bryan Ferry's version of "Let's Stick Together"?

~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 06, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »

Anyone suggest Primal Scream's "Come Together" or Strokes' "Alone, Together"?  Oh, there's always ye olde chestnut, "Someday We'll Be Together".  Just some suggestions!

I've offered the other ticket to Lattegirl (I owe her big time for helping me out with my auction).  She's gonna check her schedule...if she can't go, you're next on the list!  Hey, wait...do you have a car?  Tandem bicycle?? :P

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 06, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »

Anyone suggest Primal Scream's "Come Together" or Strokes' "Alone, Together"?  Oh, there's always ye olde chestnut, "Someday We'll Be Together".  Just some suggestions!

I've offered the other ticket to Lattegirl (I owe her big time for helping me out with my auction).  She's gonna check her schedule...if she can't go, you're next on the list!  Hey, wait...do you have a car?  Tandem bicycle?? :P

well, that would be too super cool, but LG should go with you! 

I don't have a car (I do car shares or rent), but I would def get one if needed.  or steal an extra bike.
~CPL593H~