Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097342 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1995 on: April 25, 2011, 09:06:59 PM »
Thurs. afternoon I heard Mott the Hopple

please tell me it was something other than "All the Young Dudes"...

Sorry, that was it...

there was a time 3 or 4 years ago when that was as ubiquitous as "Killer Queen", "Rocket man" and "Under Pressure" COMBINED. They gave it a rest for a while... guess it's making a comeback.

TANC: someone just requested it for tomorrow's '72 10@10...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: April 25, 2011, 11:09:12 PM »
Thurs. afternoon I heard Mott the Hopple

please tell me it was something other than "All the Young Dudes"...

Sorry, that was it...

there was a time 3 or 4 years ago when that was as ubiquitous as "Killer Queen", "Rocket man" and "Under Pressure" COMBINED. They gave it a rest for a while... guess it's making a comeback.

TANC: someone just requested it for tomorrow's '72 10@10...

Which is why it used to be in pretty regular rotation. People still like hearing it, even if they've heard it five times in the last two weeks. (Present company excluded, of course.)

If DC was smart, he'd be monitoring the 10@10 requests to pick songs to throw into KFOG's regular rotation.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: April 26, 2011, 07:40:47 AM »
If DC was smart, he'd be monitoring the 10@10 requests to pick songs to throw into KFOG's regular rotation.

indeed  -- I used to notice in the latter part of the Morey era that songs that won BOS would show up a day or 2 later at, like, 6am.

and to illustrate your folks-love-overplayed-songs point: someone requested "Brandy" for today's '72 set. Er... just turn on Oldies 103.7!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:44:14 AM by RGMike »

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 26, 2011, 06:14:02 PM »
They just played that Moodswings/Chrissie Hynde song!  :o  & this is exactly the type of song that hearing it on the radio, esp. while driving (which I was), makes me want to cream, so...good job Dennis.

Speaking of songs circa 1992 that do fairly well on 10@10...I wonder if I ask nicely if he'll throw that Thomas Dolby song into semi-rotation.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1999 on: April 26, 2011, 08:22:07 PM »
They just played that Moodswings/Chrissie Hynde song!  :o  & this is exactly the type of song that hearing it on the radio, esp. while driving (which I was), makes me want to cream, so...good job Dennis.

Speaking of songs circa 1992 that do fairly well on 10@10...I wonder if I ask nicely if he'll throw that Thomas Dolby song into semi-rotation.

damn! missed it!  I rarely listen at that time anymore, especially if the Giants are on the radio!

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: April 29, 2011, 08:38:16 PM »
Another blast from the past this afternoon...Shivaree's "Goodnight Moon."  This was a pretty common song among the AAA live samplers around its time.  And of course, just like everytime I've heard the song on any station, the DJ (in this case Annalisa) made sure to announce that the title of their CD is "I Ought to Give You a Shot in the Head for Making Me Live in this Dump."  When I used to listen to KPRI/San Diego, they added a new song by them ("I Close My Eyes") but the DJ still informed us everytime that the had a previous CD called "I Ought to Give You a Shot in the Head for Making Me Live in this Dump."  Heh.

Not too sure about the new Scars on 54 song.  While it ain't bad it doesn't sound *quite* right on KFOG, imo.  It's totally a KINK song...DC at work.  I am annoyed by the band name though and the story (via Rockwell) about the lead singer being an ex-soccer player with the "scars" to prove it is less than thrilling.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 30, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »
Tuned in this Saturday morning for the replay and instead got Acoustic Sunrise.   :-\

Heard DC play Here Comes Your Man by The Pixies yesterday afternoon.  He played Hey Soul Sister not too long afterwards.  Talk about BiPolar programming.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 30, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »
Tuned in this Saturday morning for the replay and instead got Acoustic Sunrise.   :-\

WTF??  no explanation? I'm sure they were still running promos for the marathon earlier this week.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 30, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »

WTF??  no explanation? I'm sure they were still running promos for the marathon earlier this week.

The folks were kvetching on AL's FB page about it.  There was a "glitch" says AL and the replay commenced an hour or so late this morning.  Weird.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 30, 2011, 09:13:41 PM »

The folks were kvetching on AL's FB page about it.  There was a "glitch" says AL and the replay commenced an hour or so late this morning.  Weird.

Evidence that Acoustic Sunrise is voicetracked.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2005 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »
we were driving home from grocery shopping around 8:25, and they ran their little promo about 'hand picked music.'  Then...played Van's "Madame George" from Astral Weeks, knocked my figurative socks off!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
About 20 minutes after today 's set ended, AL played Foreigner's Double Vision.  Def not something I'm used to hearing on KFOG -- and I wish it had stayed that way. Not what I'd call a golden oldie. DC strikes again.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 05, 2011, 07:44:12 AM »
Gotta say that listening to NYC radio has made me appreciate KFOG more, flawed tho' it is. Damn it sucks in the Apple, radio-wise. 

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 07, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »

so...good job Dennis.

One of the first songs coming out of the replay marathon this morning was Loggins & Messina's "Angry Eyes", all 7:40 of it, and on the back announce Rosalie said it was one of those less-heard deep-tracks that "you asked for, so I hope you liked it."  I rang her up a bit later to rave about that, and although I've not been in the forum as much the last couple weeks, seems like y'all have noticed much the same.  Rosalie asked that if I didn't mind, would I be willing to send an email to dennis@kfog.com to reiterate my comment, because, "he's collecting emails from Fogheads to show our corporate parents that you like what we're doing."

Considering what any alternative might sound like, can I beg the rest of you lot to send a quick missive to Mr. Constantine, and ask your friends to do the same?  I've aleady sone so.

peace, out.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: May 07, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »

so...good job Dennis.

One of the first songs coming out of the replay marathon this morning was Loggins & Messina's "Angry Eyes", all 7:40 of it, and on the back announce Rosalie said it was one of those less-heard deep-tracks that "you asked for, so I hope you liked it."  I rang her up a bit later to rave about that, and although I've not been in the forum as much the last couple weeks, seems like y'all have noticed much the same.  Rosalie asked that if I didn't mind, would I be willing to send an email to dennis@kfog.com to reiterate my comment, because, "he's collecting emails from Fogheads to show our corporate parents that you like what we're doing."

Considering what any alternative might sound like, can I beg the rest of you lot to send a quick missive to Mr. Constantine, and ask your friends to do the same?  I've aleady sone so.

peace, out.
Just heard Joe's Garage by Zappa.  A girl can get used to this! 
I'll send DC a nice note.  Well done.   :)