Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097301 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1845 on: January 14, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »
He can't be hinting that he's going to KGO? I mean, a job's a job and all, but that just doesn't make sense.

"Go Big or Go Home" is powerlifter parlance; he's had that phone # for awhile, I think, so I don't think KGO is being referenced. Of course if that channel 5 weather guy Brian Sussman can become a right-wing talk-radio asshole, then anything's possible.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 14, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
He can't be hinting that he's going to KGO? I mean, a job's a job and all, but that just doesn't make sense.

"Go Big or Go Home" is powerlifter parlance; he's had that phone # for awhile, I think, so I don't think KGO is being referenced. Of course if that channel 5 weather guy Brian Sussman can become a right-wing talk-radio asshole, then anything's possible.

he does seem to be hinting in this line:

"oh K where will you GO? well hopefully some FM in SAN FRANCISCO."
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 14, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »

Hrm, O.... K.  Does that mean KGO is planning an FM simulcast?

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 14, 2011, 11:48:05 AM »

Hrm, O.... K.  Does that mean KGO is planning an FM simulcast?

based on his msg, I'd say they just might be doing something like that.  or perhaps they might start a new FM station itself? 

take all the caps in that line:

KGO FM SAN FRANCISCO
~CPL593H~

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 14, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »
Maybe an oblique reference to The Band:

From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KKSF):
The former ABC Radio-owned station started as KGO-FM.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 14, 2011, 11:51:12 AM »

ah, nice call.. I like that idea.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 14, 2011, 11:57:40 AM »

ah, nice call.. I like that idea.

DING DING DING -- I think we have a winner!  (and The Band was my first guess yesterday, simply because it's the only SF rock station left that he hasn't worked at). Interesting, in that I can't imagine Cheap Channel offering him more money than Cumulus. They seem to be operating The Band on a friggin' shoestring so far.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 14, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »

Hrm, O.... K.  Does that mean KGO is planning an FM simulcast?

based on his msg, I'd say they just might be doing something like that.  or perhaps they might start a new FM station itself?  

take all the caps in that line:

KGO FM SAN FRANCISCO
This reminds me of the DaVinci Code.  Not that I read the book or saw the movie.  

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 14, 2011, 09:18:29 PM »
Someone on the radio-info.com SF board came up with this fun fact: Entercom's Market Manager, Dwight Walker, was Big Rick's GM at KFOG under Susquehanna... and  Entercom just bought K-FOX.  So there's yer alternate theory, if we hadn't already broken the DaVinci code above.  ;)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #1854 on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
heard the new guy (or some guy) tonight.  Sounded somewhat generic.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 17, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
Someone on the radio-info.com SF board came up with this fun fact: Entercom's Market Manager, Dwight Walker, was Big Rick's GM at KFOG under Susquehanna... and  Entercom just bought K-FOX.  So there's yer alternate theory, if we hadn't already broken the DaVinci code above.  ;)

BRS just posted a video of "Tuesday Afternoon" by The Moody Blues on his FB page.  Hmm...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 17, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »
Someone on the radio-info.com SF board came up with this fun fact: Entercom's Market Manager, Dwight Walker, was Big Rick's GM at KFOG under Susquehanna... and  Entercom just bought K-FOX.  So there's yer alternate theory, if we hadn't already broken the DaVinci code above.  ;)

BRS just posted a video of "Tuesday Afternoon" by The Moody Blues on his FB page.  Hmm...

Wow -- that was fast. Guess we'll all be monitoring the Band's stream tomorrow.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: January 17, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »

The other day he posted a video of "Secrets" by The Residents.  Interesting.  Well, I just became a fan of The Band on FB as a preemptive move.  I have a love/hate thing going on with The Band.  Maybe it will shift more to "love" if/when BRS comes on board.  They need something.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 17, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »
Someone on the radio-info.com SF board came up with this fun fact: Entercom's Market Manager, Dwight Walker, was Big Rick's GM at KFOG under Susquehanna... and  Entercom just bought K-FOX.  So there's yer alternate theory, if we hadn't already broken the DaVinci code above.  ;)

BRS just posted a video of "Tuesday Afternoon" by The Moody Blues on his FB page.  Hmm...

The other day he posted a video of "Secrets" by The Residents.  Interesting.  Well, I just became a fan of The Band on FB as a preemptive move.  I have a love/hate thing going on with The Band.  Maybe it will shift more to "love" if/when BRS comes on board.  They need something.

I was just looking @ their FB page -- they asked the Band-heads (or whatever they're called) "If I NEVER heard __________ again it would still be too soon". And some of the answers were:

Nickleback
"Love Shack"
"Tom Sawyer"
"Walking on Sunshine"
"anything by the Who" (!)
U2

also lots of folks on there telling the station how GREAT they are (You guys RAWK!!!"). One guy says he's been a devoted listener "for many years now" -- they've only been on for a year-and-a-half. Sheesh, and I thought Fogheads were suck-ups!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 17, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »
BRS just posted the video of This Charming Man by The Smiths on his FB page.  Could this be the end of the video clues or am I missing something?

ETA:  Checked his page again this morning and the following songs were posted on his page:  D.J. (Bowie), What's The Frequency, Kenneth? (REM), The Music Machine (Talk Talk), a Wolfman Jack video and then the following quote:  "Tomorrow I promise to eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:02:05 AM by sundaygal »