Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1097342 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #1575 on: February 28, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
another "WTF?" posting from the KFOG FB page: they were asking for Kaboom! suggestions and someone actually said: "I'd like Jack Johnson -- he hardly ever gets played on the radio".  Needless to say, I was compelled to comment "you're kidding, right? KFOG plays him constantly!"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 01, 2010, 08:23:58 AM »
Friday will be another "Request-O-Rama-O-Rama" with movie trivia questions in honor of the Oscars. Can we also assume AL will be doing a movie-themed 10@10?

Today they did a "warm-up" question: what family has the most Oscar nominations in the history of the awards?  Answer may surprise you.  And the winning Foghead wanted to hear... "Spirit in the Sky". Because, y'know, ya *never* hear that one on the radio. Or in TV commercials. Or in movie trailers. Or...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:27:49 AM by RGMike »

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 01, 2010, 08:44:33 AM »
Friday will be another "Request-O-Rama-O-Rama" with movie trivia questions in honor of the Oscars. Can we also assume AL will be doing a movie-themed 10@10?

Today they did a "warm-up" question: what family has the most Oscar nominations in the history of the awards?  Answer may surprise you.  And the winning Foghead wanted to hear... "Spirit in the Sky". Because, y'know, ya *never* hear that one on the radio. Or in TV commercials. Or in movie trailers. Or...

I would go with the Hustons, off the top of my head.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 01, 2010, 08:55:55 AM »

Nope. The number of nominations in the answer was gobsmacking. And it doesn't involve actors at all!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 02, 2010, 10:03:05 AM »

The Coppolas?

Nope. The number of nominations in the answer was gobsmacking. And it doesn't involve actors at all!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 02, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »

The Coppolas?

Nope (and BTW, the Coppolas would include Nic Cage and Talia Shire)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:17:18 AM by RGMike »

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 02, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »
John Williams and his family?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 02, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »

no, but you're getting warm, category-wise.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 02, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »

The Gershwins?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 02, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »

The Gershwins?

Bigger family; we're talking 6 people with 80+ nominations among them.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 04, 2010, 08:08:56 AM »
Dunno if anyone else is up this early, but KFOG has started doing an extended news segment between 5:30 and 6 -- 10-15 mins including business news and a "music news" segment with Renee (which gets recycled as her "Rock'N'Roll Thingy" later in the morning). Can't figure out what prompted the change.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 04, 2010, 11:36:02 AM »
gotta be the Newmans.  Randy has like 20 by himself & his uncles have to have a whole bunch too.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 04, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »
gotta be the Newmans.  Randy has like 20 by himself & his uncles have to have a whole bunch too.

DING DING DING!  It's 81 nominations among Randy, 2 cousins and 3 uncles (not sure if that includes his 2 noms for this year).

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 04, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »

DING DING DING!  It's 81 nominations among Randy, 2 cousins and 3 uncles (not sure if that includes his 2 noms for this year).

I looked it up this morning, but didn't want to spoil others fun.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 05, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »
Request-O-rama-O-Rama in full swing: someone asked for and got "S&D&RnR". Cake of Liberty for breakfast!

ETA: the Ian Dury biopic, with Andy Serkis (aka Gollum from LOTR) has gotten excellent reviews in the UK.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:30:19 AM by RGMike »